• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An unusual evening

Brian SD

Reaction score
I hope you guys can get a kick out of this story. It was a pretty wild night (though not in the same degree as stuff Vman can undoubtedly tell), so don't read if you're just going to get annoyed.

So... Last night, I was hanging out alone in my house when my roommate calls me to inform me that Lightning Bolt (a band, for those who aren't familiar) is playing at the Casbah. Of course I'm skeptical of the possibility of going because I assume that it's 1) expensive and 2) sold out. When he tells me its $8 and the doors are still open, I got my **** together and took off... only to arrive a minute or so after the last stamp is sold. So, unwilling to go back home having done nothing, I texted all my friends I could think of to ask what all of them are doing.. the first one to respond is Charlie, who informs me that his band is playing for free at this Boat club.

So I go to the show, take some photos for Charlie, enjoy the set, shoot the **** and drink a couple beers, then start heading out, when my friend (my Japanese language tutor, I'll call her M to be nice about protecting the innocent) calls me to say that she's drinking with her old roommates, a few Russian guys, and tells me to come over.. so by this time its around 12:30am... So I head over there.

Nothing out of the ordinary going on, except for a few awkward comments P (one of the Russian dudes, the main talker) made, asking me prying questions about what I may or may not have done with M. Then outright, he asks me if I want to ******** tonight... so I said, "With you?" first off, and he assured me he wasn't talking about himself but told me that he can hook me up, because he's a smooth talker and can convince any girl to do anything. In fact he was looking up casual hook ups on Craigs List. This is about 1 5th of Smirnoff down, and working into a 2 liter Ketel One.

So after having received so many blatant text messages from a friend of mine, whom I may or may not have had a relationship in the past, S, I'm easy to refuse his offer of finding me an e-hooker because hell, if I really wanted it, I could just go to S. But regardless, he starts calling the e-hookers and asking them about their rates, if they'd be willing to do two different guys, etc. and essentially this turns into a 3 hour long fest of us going around in a circle and prank calling the e-hookers. Meanwhile I'm still receiving sexual texts from S.

So at about 3am, people are getting ready to retire for the night, I'm almost sobered up and most of the roommates are going to bed, when P actually makes some what of a deal with this girl.. After about 3 calls back and forth, convinces her to sleep with him and his cousin for $140. I figured it was going to end with him just hanging up and us getting a laugh, but he called her back, gave her M's house's address and here comes the e-hooker to hook up with two Russian cousins in succession for $140. So I'm taking off, and I try to get M out of the house because she had a diving class at 5am and it seemed pointless to sleep for one hour, and I didn't want her to be put in a position with this prostitute and these two guys. Her English comprehension isn't fantastic and the Russian guys' English speaking wasn't either, so you can imagine the amount of what gets lost in translation...

Anyway she insists on staying. So I take off, when S finally calls me, tells me blah blah, I need to go up to LA to hang out with her sometime, and then after a short conversation, I'm on my way to LA. At 4am.

So I get there at 6, and realize what a horrible, horrible mistake I've made. To be conservative in my feelings on the matter, I'll just say that I can *not* possibly get along with this girl, and that there's an excellent reason we broke up years ago and not much has changed since. So she's crashing, I'm staying awake because I'm incredibly uncomfortable in the situation, until I finally get some shut-eye between 8 and 9. At 9 she wakes me up to tell me that she needs help moving in a ******* couch. So I'm taking this full-sized couch and walking it up 4 flights of stairs. And she is talking and talking and I am just fuming because how do you tell a person, "Please just stop talking, you're really annoying me," when you just got out of the same bed with them?

Eventually noon rolled around, I dropped her off at work and my incredibly horrible morning ended, with only an hour of sleep over the past 55 or so hours (I had an art history test on thursday morning so I had a long nap afterwards and that was the last time I'd slept). I took about 125 photos of various beaten up locations in LA to lift my spirits, and I'm satisfied with some of them.

So I went to my friend's house in Long Beach, crashed for about 30 minutes then went on my way back to San Diego, wired on a necessary amount of Red Bull.

I talked to M, who met the e-hooker and said she was a normal college-aged girl, not particularly attractive but not ugly, seemed somewhat smart and was incredibly sweet. Go figure. Oh, and she heard them **********.

So now I am home, I'm starving and it's time for a ******* nap.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh this made me laugh. Good story.
biggrin.gif
The Russian dude reminds me of someone I used to know...

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I talked to M, who met the e-hooker and said she was a normal college-aged girl, not particularly attractive but not ugly, seemed somewhat smart and was incredibly sweet. Go figure. Oh, and she heard them **********.

$140 for 2 guys? That's pretty... cheap?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
$140 for 2 guys? That's pretty... cheap?

Yea, I guess. Some of the girls we prank called said $200 per hour. And they all said they don't have "agents." I have a feeling a lot of them actually were students trying to pay the bills.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, I guess. Some of the girls we prank called said $200 per hour. And they all said they don't have "agents." I have a feeling a lot of them actually were students trying to pay the bills.
Yeah, actually back when I was in undergrad a female friend of mine that went to U Minn. told me that I would be really surprised how many girls actually did that for extra cash. I had the thought that they charged slightly more than $70 per deed, though. $200 flat fee sounds more accurate. I guess by 3-4 AM it's getting pretty late in the night and it's a renewable resource anyways, I guess.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's only renewable to an exent...As proof, I give you one of the greatest family guy quotes ever:

Stewie (to one of the prostitutes at Cleveland's house): So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
It's only renewable to an exent...As proof, I give you one of the greatest family guy quotes ever:

Stewie (to one of the prostitutes at Cleveland's house): So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Oh my word, those bastards stole that line from NoFX!

biggrin.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Oh my word, those bastards stole that line from NoFX!

biggrin.gif

The Family Guy writers know nothing of originality. Everything is stolen from some other source. I hate that show.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Family Guy writers know nothing of originality. Everything is stolen from some other source. I hate that show.

Oh I like it anyway. But remember the Simpsons episode The Italian Bob?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Don't trust russian men.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So after having received so many blatant text messages from a friend of mine, whom I may or may not have had a relationship in the past, S, I'm easy to refuse his offer of finding me an e-hooker because hell, if I really wanted it, I could just go to S.

Are you being coy here, or you actually don't remember?

Good story BTW, but doesn't this belong in the "How we roll" thread?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Are you being coy here, or you actually don't remember?

Good story BTW, but doesn't this belong in the "How we roll" thread?

Just being coy. I remember all too well unfortunately (all 6 or so months of it).

I guess you're right, but when I got home I was out of it beyond belief and I felt it necessary to narrate the whole thing in its fantastically awkward glory..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics