• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Americans are insane (gay rights)

videocrew

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of villifying entire peoples based on archaic, no-longer-valid laws: Europeans are insane. They torture heretics in some places.

chenc

Reaction score
I thought I better apologize for being wrong before I become public enemy on this forum.

Videocrew:
I hope by "anti-America" you meant wrongly accuse this country for violation of gay ppl's liberty, not for being pro-gay right (I think you don't mean the later).

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
While we're on the subject of villifying entire peoples based on archaic, no-longer-valid laws: Europeans are insane. They torture heretics in some places.

Oooooh, I hope not in the privates! Ouch!

But to wax serious, I've heard people in Massachusetts are insane because they burn people they think might be witches. (But maybe it's better to be safe than sorry....)

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Oooooh, I hope not in the privates! Ouch!
Google "Pear of Anguish" to see just how backwards and crazy Spaniards are in their treatment of homosexuals.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
Google "Pear of Anguish" to see just how backwards and crazy Spaniards are in their treatment of homosexuals.

Oh, I already know what that is.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenc
I can't believe gay sex is illegal in some places in the US. Traditions and family value stops being good when you shove it down somebody's throat.

Nice job bringing Ignorant American Exceptionalism over to the left!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenc
I can't believe gay sex is illegal in some places in the US. Traditions and family value stops being good when you shove it down somebody's throat.

So just to clarify, you are against having things shoved down somebody's throat, but pro things being shoved up someone's arse?

w.mj

Reaction score
A certain type of American conservative has taken to heart the teachings of Montesquieu concerning the relationship between laws and culture to a greater extent than our enlightened European brethren.

Obviously laws banning sodomy are ridiculous and I suspect that most people of good will are able to countenance things like gay marriage but many have a legitimate concern about the effects of rapid cultural change on the constitution (small c) of a country.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's do keep in mind that many of these laws are from a different era and are rarely, if ever, enforced. In my state, there's still a self-defense law that says something like if I'm on the prairie and see and Indian on horseback and can't reach shelter, I can shoot first. Try actually getting away with that.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Let's do keep in mind that many of these laws are from a different era and are rarely, if ever, enforced.

And in this particular case, unconstitutional.

videocrew

Reaction score
The case does involve two adults who, with full and mutual consent from each other, engaged in sexual practices common to a homosexual lifestyle. The petitioners are entitled to respect for their private lives. The State cannot demean their existence or control their destiny by making their private sexual conduct a crime. Their right to liberty under the Due Process Clause gives them the full right to engage in their conduct without intervention of the government. Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003)
Yeah... what a bunch of backwards lunatics we are, what with our respect for citizens' private lives... (For those not familiar with US law, this case rules that it is unconstitutional to make "gay sex" illegal anywhere in America).

imhotep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
******** between men still seems perverse to me ...sorry, but it does

speaking of perverse...

\t
Last Activity: Today 12:00 AM
Viewing Thread Miss Universe Contestants in Three-Way adult content @ 12:00 AM

laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads