• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AllSaints coming to Union Square, SF

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you consider San Francisco and New York "sort of close to each other".... learn to read.
smile.gif

Pinhas

Reaction score
lol yeah my bad; didnt really notice the SF, its been a long night..

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Sure there are some things that look similar to some of his styles but there is no exact copy's. Also I doubt his quality is as bad as allsaints. I bought a pair of shorts from them a while ago and washed like it said on the directions. They lost about 4 shades of color and my sink was stained for a few days. You shouldnt have to go through that to wash a pair of shorts espeacially when you pay $80 for them.
That sucks, though those shorts looked pretty awful to me anyway. Yeah there is definitely stuff in there that looks like it will disintegrate under your gaze, but you can find **** anywhere, seriously, any-*******-where. All Saints is a fast-fashion brand so the expectation shouldn't be superb construction, it's about getting your fix for cool looking fun **** at prices that compare well with similarly styled designs from luxury labels. However, your original post that made me
ffffuuuu.gif
felt to me like a perpetuation of the "quality as abstract indicator of supreme value" myth. No need to rehash that very old convo here, but essentially it's a little silly to say "no one who cares about quality would go into X store". At the same time, I am one of those people that likes my designer **** but has no qualms about buying mass-market stuff to fill in my wardrobe if it works for me. re Pinhas: I don't like to talk about "quality" just as is, the word has taken on a different definition on this forum, it is essentially a buzzword and has little objective value. Construction quality is something like UO to J Crew range, varies greatly. there are some knits that you see and you think, yeah that's not gonna make it through the washing machine, and others feel decent and substantial, same with shirts. It's a brand I would not take a gamble on without seeing in person. Though I'm not sure I'd take a gamble on any brand I hadn't seen in person these days.
laugh.gif
They absolutely have some interestingly styled pieces and one of my favorite things they have are the sueded leather overshirts with metal wiring in the collar, placket, and hem which allows you to kinda rumple and style your shirt as you please, collar actually stays exactly as you leave it, pretty cool I thought.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in love with this brand because their shirts fit me perfectly in small. Plus, I love the style of their clothes. Also, they are definitely on the grungy side with their "distressed" collections of clothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads