• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was in a meeting with a customer... noticed it was up and freaked out.

Why doesn't MassDrop have an app????
We don't have an app (someday I bet we will, but I won't pretend to know the answer to that), but our site is responsive so that it should make for a pretty good mobile experience. A huge percentage of our purchases are via mobile, in fact.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Back on track, here's a quick iTater shot of my 1-of-100 chocolates. Sure, half my chain of command was livid that I went out to my car to buy them (had to use my phone, which isn't allowed in the building, because the work internet doesn't like one of massdrop's scripts and we can't install anything like noscript on the .gov machines). That butt-chewing was SO TOTALLY WORTH IT. :D

I loves dem.

(and that weird spot on the right foot, left side in the pic, is just the end of the shoelace reflecting light--the shoes are flawless)

They look great! Looks like your good timing paid off
thumbs-up.gif

Kenneth Kuan

Reaction score
Anyone else has sizing issues for this? I got mine yesterday, tried them on but was dismayed to discover that they were slightly too big. I wear a 9E on the 5 last, a 9D on the 606 last, and got a 9 in this. The width feels good, but length wise it seems a little too long. I have some heel slipping and my ankles don't really feel very secure. This is my first unlined shoe so I'm not sure if all that's to be expected.

But other than sizing, they feel and look great! Mine came with shoe bags too.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WTH?  Where are mine?

Seems you chocholate guys got theirs first, which leads to me believe you guys ordered almost instantly.

I WANT EM, NOW!

Yeah wtf. I live 25 minutes from the plant. Mine wont be here until tomorrow. Unless they shipped to NY/NJ and then back to me. But my email notice said from AE...

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah wtf. I live 25 minutes from the plant. Mine wont be here until tomorrow. Unless they shipped to NY/NJ and then back to me. But my email notice said from AE...

The process is laid out on the massdrop site (and part of the terms everyone checks the "i agree" box for when they join a drop). They place the order, everything goes to them, they ship to end users.

Bleedblue

Reaction score
^^ you may have missed the part where AE was directly drop shipping to end customers for this first batch...

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected with good news! Thanks fellas.

Last edited:

kentyman

Reaction score
Anyone else has sizing issues for this? I got mine yesterday, tried them on but was dismayed to discover that they were slightly too big.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I have 9D in Snuff that I would be happy to trade with someone for an 8.5?

Kenneth Kuan

Reaction score
If anyone has a 8.5 that they would want to trade for 9, I would be glad to. Otherwise, if someone wants to buy a 9D in Snuff Suede I'll let it go for cost + shipping.

JLC2

Reaction score

Anyone else has sizing issues for this? I got mine yesterday, tried them on but was dismayed to discover that they were slightly too big. I wear a 9E on the 5 last, a 9D on the 606 last, and got a 9 in this. The width feels good, but length wise it seems a little too long. I have some heel slipping and my ankles don't really feel very secure. This is my first unlined shoe so I'm not sure if all that's to be expected.

But other than sizing, they feel and look great! Mine came with shoe bags too.

This makes me nervous :s

What is your brannock measurement?

kentyman

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads