• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Clifton

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
yea eeeeeeeeeee- echoing what others have said here the Clifton's are nice shoes. Concerning sizing- I've got Park Avenues, Cliftons and Strands all in 11.5D. All fit roughly the same.

Thank you, Mate. Knowing they all relatively fit the same is good in my book as the Cliftons I'll be purchasing are in size E.

Cheers

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Going to resurrect this thread.

Regarding sizing, does this last typically run tight/narrow versus loose/wide? What last is it? I cant seem to find this info. Here's an example. I tried on a 9.5 D Park Ave's and they were tight on the size. WIll I experience this with the Clifton's?

cheers

They are on the 8 last and they fit a bit wide. A 9.5 D Cliftons may fit better if 9.5D PAs were tight.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Now you're making me second guess myself. "A bit wide" . . . I might have to re-think my purchase then.

I appreciate your comments.

Cheers

REguy

Reaction score
I just grabbed a pair on clearance and found they run true to size in both length and width (you might argue they're 1/4 size over standard). I think the last they're on is actually quite sleek looking on the foot.

REguy

Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of 8.5D Clifton and am wondering why they fit tighter in the width than my pair of Leeds, when supposedly the Clifton has a wide(r) last.

Anyone can help me on this? I plan on taking the Clifton in to get them stretched .25 +/- in the width.

They fit fine initially, but by the end of the day, both foot feel as if a vice has been squeezing my feet from the side. The pain is very numbing...

And FWIW, I had to have a pad insert on the tongue for my left foot as there was a bit of a slippage beforehand.

This dude looks like the cobbler I go to:

100x100px-LS-281034bc_5248dccd45e18c4fcbbb6a24ab705ab5.jpg
lol

Last edited:

gagz135

Reaction score
Nearly five years after the start of this thread, and I found it useful this evening. This site is a Godsend.

bbob2013

Reaction score
Clifton vs 5th ave, are there any major differences? I am debating between the two as I need a decent black work shoe. I really don't like the short cap toe on the 5th. Does anyone know if the Clifton has a longer cap toe in comparison?

cnhabs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Going to resurrect this thread.

Regarding sizing, does this last typically run tight/narrow versus loose/wide? What last is it? I cant seem to find this info. Here's an example. I tried on a 9.5 D Park Ave's and they were tight on the size. WIll I experience this with the Clifton's?

cheers

They are on the 8 last and they fit a bit wide. A 9.5 D Cliftons may fit better if 9.5D PAs were tight.

Can anyone else confirm this as well? So given my 9.5D PA should I get 9.5 C then?

tylernol

Reaction score
bump...

Just got a pair of Cliftons (walnut) and Hales (black) both in 9E from their factory seconds deal.

The Cliftons have a fair amount of heel slip unless I tie them up tightly, and even then there's still some slip. They are noticeably roomy. The Hales fit fine.

I noticed the 8 last description on their website says they were designed to be used with the orthotics insert? I might give those a try.

Here is a comparison shot of the two shoes

Patrick30

Reaction score
I'm looking for a recommendation on a pair of AE's to wear with a medium grey suit and either a white or light purple dress shirt with no tie to a June Wedding. I'd like something with a little style would the Black Strands be a solid choice ? Or is that too much? What about the Fith Ave vs the Clifton ? Any answers wild be appreciated , thank you!

ridgerider

Reaction score
I'm looking for a recommendation on a pair of AE's to wear with a medium grey suit and either a white or light purple dress shirt with no tie to a June Wedding. I'd like something with a little style would the Black Strands be a solid choice ? Or is that too much? What about the Fith Ave vs the Clifton ? Any answers wild be appreciated , thank you!

Bit late but with grey suit, and light purple, I would always go with Oxblood and Clifton's are elegant enough, even though they are derby's, to go well with a suit. Strands would work too in the Oxblood color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads