Allen Edmonds Clifton

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cantona, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Trojanman74

Trojanman74 Senior member

any help here on going from a D to an E, in refrence to a change in fit? would it be bothersome?

2. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

any help here on going from a D to an E, in refrence to a change in fit? would it be bothersome?

I would advise against it unless you go down a half size at the same time and not have a length issue.

3. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

feet are all different, and shoes can vary from specimen to specimen, and snug for you might be loose for someone else. another person who also likes the same shoe in the same width might have a very different experience of a second shoe in a different width. you really can't get meaningful answers to questions like the one you posted. if you are unsure, buy two sizes and return the ones that seem like they will not fit as well in six months. if you can't buy both sizes, make sure you can return the shoes for a full refund. or roll the dice and learn by trial and error. note though, in reference to the above advice, that a 9.5E should be a lot wider than a 10D. out a width and down a length will give you about 2/3rds the additional width. so the width on a 9.5E will be closer to the width on a 10E than the width on a 10D. see this

4. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

The Clifton is actually "shoe of the month" over at the AE outlet in Freeport, Maine. I think it is something like $179 or something plus shipping and tax. It's really a steal at that price.

5. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

I just got an email. They are $179 until July 31st.

6. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

Do you need a code or something to get the Clifton at that price (from the Maine outlet)? I'd love a 10.5 D in chestnut.

7. kiLLscaLLion

kiLLscaLLion Senior member

I tried on a pair of Park Avenues and I fit a 7E pretty well. However, it seems that the Park Avenue last is their slimmest and longest. Can I assume I would fit best in a pair of 7.5D Cliftons? I'm generally a 7.5.

8. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

9. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Yeah, it looks as if the deal is on at all the outlets. I got the same notice from Cabazon.

10. forex

forex Senior member

If you are 11.5D in PA,what should you be getting?

11. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

If you are 11.5D in PA,what should you be getting?

Whatever fits you. Don't try to extrapolate. Some would tell you 11E (a bit shorter and wider). For me the PA and other shoes on its #5 last fit me well in my normal size as do most shoes on the #1 last, #4, old #8 and old #0. New #0 seems okay for me as well.

12. shortman506

shortman506 Well-Known Member

is this in outlets only or also dept stores?

13. Josef Seibel

Josef Seibel Senior member

so the $89 cliftons which i found on ebay finally arrived in frankfurt. i took some photos en comparaison with the c&j belgraves. this new(?) elongated last looks asthecially pleasing, no signs of chunkyness. well done ae!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. wgiceman

wgiceman Senior member

so the $89 cliftons which i found on ebay finally arrived in frankfurt. i took some photos en comparaison with the c&j belgraves. this new(?) elongated last looks asthecially pleasing, no signs of chunkyness. well done ae!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I view side by side comparisons like this, it makes me glad that I have AEs versus the more expensive shoes. In most cases, the proverbial 'clunkiness' attributed to AE just doesn't hold true, in my opinion. AE just seems to be a great shoe for the money.