• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Bayfield boot- any experiences?

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Factor Xll
Its on there already and i can add it to my cart. So whats wrong with it?

There used to be text on the product page indicating a ship date of September 15th or thereabouts.

Given that the text is no longer there I'm presuming they underpromised and overdelivered, and the boots are now available.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
$350 is a good deal? I thought that was pretty pricey... I'm used to paying more like $150 or 200, but if no other shoemaker makes something like the Bayfield I'll settle for it.

I bought the maroon for $60 new and the black for $95 new, wore once and sold for $140 and $155 each. I have not paid retail for shoes in 20 years.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Walk by the downtown AE store daily on the way to the gym. None yet.

Who has them? Post pics.

I was going to buy a pair of Aldens, but these boots = the awesome.

xudisco07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston
Walk by the downtown AE store daily on the way to the gym. None yet.

Who has them? Post pics.

I was going to buy a pair of Aldens, but these boots = the awesome.

Buy the Aldens.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xudisco07
Buy the Aldens.

I should. I need some new monks. I like the chukkas too, but they are not very sleek.

I've been happy with my AE shoes. I have the Del Rays and the Van Ness Oxfords.

The Bayfields are a nice boot. Undecided : - (

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Deacon
I bought the maroon for $60 new and the black for $95 new, wore once and sold for $140 and $155 each. I have not paid retail for shoes in 20 years.

6gfo7m.jpg

3 September 2010

- B

frivmo

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of these in brown at Macy's in Herald Square, NYC today. Through tomorrow (I think) they've got a big 20% off everything deal going on.

Somehow I got a coupon/card in the mail about it, but when I was looking at the boots, the salesman just offered the discount - great way to grab these beauties (or any AE) for less than retail.

If you're willing, you can always sign up for the store credit card for 15% additional off, but that's if you're brave and aren't worried about your FICO.

Factor Xll

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frivmo
I picked up a pair of these in brown at Macy's in Herald Square, NYC today. Through tomorrow (I think) they've got a big 20% off everything deal going on.

Somehow I got a coupon/card in the mail about it, but when I was looking at the boots, the salesman just offered the discount - great way to grab these beauties (or any AE) for less than retail.

If you're willing, you can always sign up for the store credit card for 15% additional off, but that's if you're brave and aren't worried about your FICO.

can you post up some pictures with slacks/jeans?

if only my macy's carry anything but bostonians and timberlands.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
Meh, you can get Alden for not much more. These seem a bit dull to me.

I think they stack up well with any Alden boot...and are even more sleek than most.

One think I dont like about these boots in the sole. Looks kind of work bootish

bc78

Reaction score
Just got them yesterday from Shoe Bank. Probably better with jeans than dress clothes, but all in all I'm happy with the purchase. I just wouldn't feel right trudging through snow in something that cost more than $300.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads