• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think of the new Kenilworth? A three-eyelet plain-toe blucher on the 5 last... looks solid to me.

I really like them in brown. I am tempted, but I think I am going to get the Players Shoe in chocolate suede for this Fall.

Chris

RicPac

Reaction score
i just received my walden loafers in burgundy and they do not fit me ugh. and after i ordered the wrong size in a different shoe too

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Park Ave and Chester, just back from B. Nelson with new JR toplifts and flush taps. Soles trimmed closer to the uppers and natural/antique edge dressing on PAs.

100_5362.jpg

100_5364.jpg

100_5365.jpg

100_5366.jpg

GHo

Reaction score
E advice needed please...

just got back my AE Black Seneca's from recrafting. Man these look good. As i was showing someone here at work the "new shoe", I noticed that there was a gap between the heel and the sole.

Is this an easy fix? glue possibly? or is something serious enough that i should contact AE and possibly send back because it'll be a bigger issue down the road?

gnumonic

Reaction score
Anyone know when the fifth streets will be hitting stores/online catalogs? I've wanted a pair of balmoral boots forever and I don't want to miss getting my size!

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AE advice needed please...

just got back my AE Black Seneca's from recrafting. Man these look good. As i was showing someone here at work the "new shoe", I noticed that there was a gap between the heel and the sole.

Is this an easy fix? glue possibly? or is something serious enough that i should contact AE and possibly send back because it'll be a bigger issue down the road?

If it were me I'd send it back. Though you might try tapping down the sole yourself first, wearing, and then see if it separated again. They may have missed a nail.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know when the fifth streets will be hitting stores/online catalogs? I've wanted a pair of balmoral boots forever and I don't want to miss getting my size!

I had to call customer service about something else and asked... she said They're technically available now... and you can order from the store or by calling them. She said they're working on stocking now and updating online and should be up any time now over the next couple of weeks.

Here's the catalog: http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/2011_falldigest?AID=10829131&PID=4169865&SID=9r4k0v3m1bi3

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

can anybody explain to this AE noob what the lasts mean?? i see people posting up last 2 and last 5 but yet i have no idea what it means.
The other members hit the nail on the head. The last is the foundation of the shoe. If you think of a house, think of the last as the studs...the skeleton if you will. For your foot, you want to find a last that is closest to it that will enable maximum comfort and mobility. You want to avoid any type of slippage/looseness/gapping as that is what causes blisters directly. If you look at the last page, that was posted, look at your foot and try to find something similar. Most of us who post in here have experience with at least two or three of the lasts and can comment on actual fits and the like with a question.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Park Ave and Chester, just back from B. Nelson with new JR toplifts and flush taps. Soles trimmed closer to the uppers and natural/antique edge dressing on PAs.

100_5362.jpg

100_5364.jpg

100_5365.jpg

100_5366.jpg

Those brown shoes, great.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AE advice needed please...

just got back my AE Black Seneca's from recrafting. Is this an easy fix?

yes. it's a "drive thru" affair at your local cobbler. this is not worth waiting another four to six weeks, but...

...let AE know and they should send you a parcel filled with goodies e.g. laces, polish, brush or so, to compensate your hassle.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with a McCallister or Strand (or any similar last) in 11D provide outersole measurements? I'm out of town and don't have mine right now.

junior varsity

Reaction score
just walked about 5 miles in boston in my mcallisters.. feet dont hurt at all, no blisters, nothing. shoes look a little tired though :embar:

mavega

Reaction score
The AE Lombard in black is priced at only $138 at endless.com. I have just ordered mine, excellent price and there are still some sizes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads