• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have a picture of the "white sticker" I should be looking for that identifies the shoe as first-quality instead of second-quality?

I'm not sure if it exists. I have a brand new pair of Kenwood firsts that I have not worn yet. I am going to take a look to see if those have it.

iloveshoes

Reaction score
Somewhat sunny day in Seattle :nodding: I love my white suede players and jeans!

jjr4884

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the "white sticker" I should be looking for that identifies the shoe as first-quality instead of second-quality?

Unless this white sticker is on the box or somewhere inside the shoe, I have yet to notice one... My heels and the inside of the shoe have always come with nothing on them.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someone a few post back said that the white sticker is an internal Nordstrom identifier for shoes that are used as display models (i.e.: the other shoe of the pair is on the floor). It doesn't mean first or seconds.

Somewhat sunny day in Seattle :nodding: I love my white suede players and jeans!

Damn, I wish I could fit into the Players.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone a few post back said that the white sticker is an internal Nordstrom identifier for shoes that are used as display models (i.e.: the other shoe of the pair is on the floor). It doesn't mean first or seconds.
Damn, I wish I could fit into the Players.
+1

sartorialnoob

Reaction score
Do the SAs at the various AE stores handle the shoe bank sales as well, or do I need to contact the shoe bank to find out about 2 for $200 or $300 deals?

charliebrown2

Reaction score
Do the SAs at the various AE stores handle the shoe bank sales as well, or do I need to contact the shoe bank to find out about 2 for $200 or $300 deals?

AE retail stores and Shoebanks work as separate entities. Ask the shoebank if you have shoebank questions.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There has been alot of talk about seconds.

Very seldom have I seen a pair of seconds that didn't appear to be seconds. Also, buying seconds, something I haven't done for quite sometime, is an interesting endeavor - I had to return many a pair (defects too noticeable for my liking; and not worth the $120 or so in savings). But the Shoebank is always great to deal with in terms of returns, helpfulness, etc.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm crossing my fingers for the Malverns in dark chocolate suede :D
No info on fall styles from my SA yet...

If there are at least two reasonably good-looking boot choices in burgundy cordovan and a B width, I will buy at least one of them.

NO WHAMMY NO WHAMMY NO WHAMMY

Last edited:

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
My new brown cordovan Strand's:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK guys, did you size up for the Players shoe? What's the formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads