• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
does anyone know what non-tassel loafers and boots(if any) will be part of the 2 for 250 sale?

don't think the 2 for 250 is happening anymore

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
don't think the 2 for 250 is happening anymore

Post from Reddit:

"Hey all, I spoke with local outlet, Freeport, and they said that the 2 for $250 deal has been delayed by the retail GM. She stated that it would likely be delayed to mid-late march. My fear is that this is the beginning of the changes from the new ownership who don't believe in "2nds" quality shoes and think that is a losing proposition. Crazy to think my first episode of paranoia would be about a shoe company! Also, keep in mind if you are waiting on this sale, it is only for discontinued styles. You will not be seeing Park Aves or Strands on this sale. I know that most people know this but I have found a few that thought all of their lineup was included. If you want to know if a specific line is on the sale, Email the shoebank and then see what is in your size that is listed as a closeout. Hope this helps others in terms of planning."

Anyone else hear the same?

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Post from Reddit:

"Hey all, I spoke with local outlet, Freeport, and they said that the 2 for $250 deal has been delayed by the retail GM. She stated that it would likely be delayed to mid-late march. My fear is that this is the beginning of the changes from the new ownership who don't believe in "2nds" quality shoes and think that is a losing proposition. Crazy to think my first episode of paranoia would be about a shoe company! Also, keep in mind if you are waiting on this sale, it is only for discontinued styles. You will not be seeing Park Aves or Strands on this sale. I know that most people know this but I have found a few that thought all of their lineup was included. If you want to know if a specific line is on the sale, Email the shoebank and then see what is in your size that is listed as a closeout. Hope this helps others in terms of planning."

Anyone else hear the same?

Heard the same thing. However, I wonder if this is because inventory is too low after the current sale to have a close out sale.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Sounds like SF may have finally harvested all of AE's golden eggs. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
lol8[1].gif

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I agree those are nice. I thought about some kind of weatherproof sole - the AE equivalent of the Alden commando would be my first choice - but it's so tough for me to turn down the JR. This RL was kind of my inspiration also. I saw it in person a few weeks back and remembered it as a longwing, but I guess it wasn't. Beautiful shoe nonetheless:
Half, Those are most definitely the Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Short Wing Bamoral. Definitely a beautiful, shoe but definitely not a Longwing... You may want to check out the C&J for RL thread: http://www.styleforum.net/forum/newestpost/268417 -Mike

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
I'm pretty interested in the Clark Street because of the natural CXL upper. I like the LaSalle design and to me natural CXL looks pretty good with the red Dainite soles. It should make for a nice casual shoe. Natural CXL should darken a little bit over time and CXL leather in general tend to have a lot of character.
yeah, thats what I thought too. It would be a great day to day casual shoe.

As far as the tassel in tan goes, I think those would be an awesome casual shoe if the tan leather developes a nice patina over time, but I don't have any experience with that leather.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half,

Those are most definitely the Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Short Wing Bamoral. Definitely a beautiful, shoe but definitely not a Longwing... You may want to check out the C&J for RL thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/newestpost/268417

-Mike

^ the marlow shortwing is bad@$!

They were $850 and I still almost bought them on the spot. One of the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen up close. Still not sure why I remembered them as longwings . . . . Anyhow, honestly, the LAST thing I need to do is start following the C&J thread. AEs and Aldens are draining my bank account quite enough as it is, and I have high hopes that my MTO MacNeils will banish even my fond memory of those Marlows.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

They were $850 and I still almost bought them on the spot.  One of the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen up close.  Still not sure why I remembered them as longwings . . . . Anyhow, honestly, the LAST thing I need to do is start following the C&J thread.  AEs and Aldens are draining my bank account quite enough as it is, and I have high hopes that my MTO MacNeils will banish even my fond memory of those Marlows.

LoL. I got mine when they did thier summer sale... They were in the 600 dollar ballpark.

Good luck with banishing their memory! ;-)

-Mike

tradbrah

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to score some brown shell Strand seconds. They are beautiful, but as you can see in the pictures, the right shoe is lighter than the left. I prefer the lighter color. Am I being too picky, or is this a legitimate concern? Would using Reno be able to lighten up the left shoe some? Thanks for your input and guidance.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I would leave as is. I like that effect. Anyone who understands the patina process can appreciate. A little funky. Makes for a cool conversation piece.

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

WICaniac

Reaction score
For those interested in the different shades of Chromexcel (with a Dublin thrown in for good measure):

Left to right: 1573 Natural Chromexcel, 3119 Golden Brown Chromexcel, 1020 Brown Chromexcel, 1608 Cognac Dublin
(The pull-up that's obvious in the Natural is from bending the samples to take the second photo).

Same samples folded over to show pull-up. Top to bottom: Natural, Golden Brown, Brown, Cognac Dublin

The Natural is beautiful, but the pull-up is considerable, producing a distressed appearance in most applications. The Dublin is a bit thinner and shinier than the rest and displays the least pull-up.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those interested in the different shades of Chromexcel (with a Dublin thrown in for good measure):

Left to right: 1573 Natural Chromexcel, 3119 Golden Brown Chromexcel, 1020 Brown Chromexcel, 1608 Cognac Dublin
(The pull-up that's obvious in the Natural is from bending the samples to take the second photo).

Same samples folded over to show pull-up. Top to bottom: Natural, Golden Brown, Brown, Cognac Dublin

The Natural is beautiful, but the pull-up is considerable, producing a distressed appearance in most applications. The Dublin is a bit thinner and shinier than the rest and displays the least pull-up.
You're right ... for me is that I prefer the natural ... these beautiful images which tell you a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members