• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
woo hoo.

I placed my order last night for a pair of 10 EEE Shell Burgundy Dalton's, for the absurdly low price of $299.

These are quite possibly my wedding shoes!

That's great! That's an amazing deal for a pair of boots that will last many, many years.

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
I was happy to grab a pair of brown distressed Pine River casual double monks and a pair of casual Bellevue chukkas in my size of 13B. At 50% off, that's a steal. I am now officially done buying shoes for quite a while.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was happy to grab a pair of brown distressed Pine River casual double monks and a pair of casual Bellevue chukkas in my size of 13B.  At 50% off, that's a steal.  I am now officially done buying shoes for quite a while.

I'm very curious about the pine river. I was always kinda drawn to it. Can anyone comment on the last/fit?

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
I was happy to grab a pair of brown distressed Pine River casual double monks and a pair of casual Bellevue chukkas in my size of 13B. At 50% off, that's a steal. I am now officially done buying shoes for quite a while.

Actually, it was not 50% off, that was my mistake. The Pine River went from $234 to $159 and the Bellevue went from $234 to 198. Still not bad...

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
I'm very curious about the pine river. I was always kinda drawn to it. Can anyone comment on the last/fit?

According to the website, it is 3 Last (73) - Fullest girth measurement with a tapered toe and more room over the instep.

Of course, being a strapped shoe, you should be able to adjust to your liking within reason. My understanding is that it runs slightly large, but you are probably best off sticking to your true size.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I too so want a pair of burgundy shell Macneil in size 10D. They have not been available in my size during any of the sales over the years, including this one. I heard back from Kristle last night and the one pair they do have is listed as burgundy but she said in real life they look brown so I passed. She came back with - how about if I put you on the waiting list and when they become available you can have them for the current sale price of $299? So I will finally get my shell gunboats, just don't know when. Not sure if that is always an option but considering how many shoes you all have I would certainly think so. Worth a try!
I would like to know how those brown-looking shell macneils look like. I'm not a 10D so I won't pull the trigger. I know, I'm shoe crazy.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you mean change sizes, you mean to size down and not size up from the 5-Last to the 1-Last?

I am an 8D in the 5 last, I sized up to 8.5D in the 1 last. My Leeds will be here tomorrow and should be able to tell you how they fit.

I do already had Dalton in 8D and ended up selling it because the narrow width really hurt my toes, wore them a bunch of times and they never got any more comfortable. Decided the 1 last would either be and 8E or 8.5D.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
From my understanding, the 5-last is the most narrowest last. Why would you size up from the 5-last to the 1-last?

njruss

Reaction score
Finally got my walnut strands. They had a pair of the BB version for $149!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I found the 1 last to be quite a bit shorter and on the Dalton it fit me more narrow in the toes compared to my McAllisters size for size, I think the widest part of my foot fit better in the 5 last due to the extra length.

The 8.5D in the Leeds should give me the added length to make sure the widest part of my foot hits the widest part of the shoe. It is very common to size down 1 (and sometimes up a width) in the 5 last so going to other lasts just made sense for me to size up.

I guess tomorrow will be the test though as I have not tried a pair of Leeds yet.

Last edited:

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score

Brown Fifth Streets at the courthouse today. I haven't worn these but only a few times, and not for probably a year. This is a way under rated boot.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

If you were to size up or down. Do you guys generally size up or size down from the 5-last to the 1-last?

Last edited:

green garden

Reaction score
And I too so want a pair of burgundy shell Macneil in size 10D. They have not been available in my size during any of the sales over the years, including this one. I heard back from Kristle last night and the one pair they do have is listed as burgundy but she said in real life they look brown so I passed. She came back with - how about if I put you on the waiting list and when they become available you can have them for the current sale price of $299? So I will finally get my shell gunboats, just don't know when. Not sure if that is always an option but considering how many shoes you all have I would certainly think so. Worth a try!
Good things come to those who wait
cheers.gif

green garden

Reaction score

After treating with Saphir Cordovan Cordovan shoe polish, they are older and have started the turn toward brown. Sizing for me is pretty straight forward but not sure if my feet could be considered "normal". I wear a 10D in both 1 and 5 last and they both fit me perfectly. As well as the 1 last fits me I think the 5 fits me just a little bit better. Others on here have had to change sizing between the 1 and 5 last however. I don't think you will regret the burgundy shell Leeds they were my first pair of shell and still see a lot of use.
@Cold Iron how old are the Leeds? Just wanted to know how long I'd have to wait until my #8 turn brownish. I love this color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads