• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally a nice trip to an AE store.
1EB780C4-7BA1-46AE-BC6B-B71A27856108.png

It was the usual, I acted enraged that I bought my 5A’s for $299 and now they are $245. Kim acted like she cared. I asked if they had the alligator belt in brown. She went and grabbed it for me. Nothing I like better than an attractive woman grabbing my belt, so I had to buy it. If grabbing my belt is great, I thought she should grab my brown Shell belt also. I rummaged around the sock drawer. Nothing sexy about a woman touching my socks, so I did my usual of pick up a pair and Kim told me yes or no and what pair of pants they go with. Yeah, she knows my wardrobe. So it turned into a $600 purchase with all of Kim’s suggestions. Shoes will have to wait.

Last edited:

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help a fellow weasel out. Anybody order a gray suede MacNeil in the last trunk show? I'd love to see what that looks like. You know, for research purposes.

Heck, even if you ordered gray suede something else, I'd love to see in the wild pictures, too. Just having a hard time picturing the combo in my mind's eye.

Thanks!

Love,

Donkey

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any Chester is a great Chester.
View attachment 1400640

I mentioned I have been looking for a brown Chester for several years and all I find are the black ones and occasionally burgundy. Here are the brown ones. I think AE should consider a short run. I think they would sell more than a few. So, would you sign up for a pair of these?

chester.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mentioned I have been looking for a brown Chester for several years and all I find are the black ones and occasionally burgundy. Here are the brown ones. I think AE should consider a short run. I think they would sell more than a few. So, would you sign up for a pair of these?

View attachment 1401416
Especially if they dropped all burnishing. I would really like a single shade that will patina over time.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
June 6th, only boot to wear this morning is Normandy........for a trip to Home Depot to purchase either a German or Japanese made electric pressure washer?? View attachment 1401277

Check their lumber carefully if it is on your list.

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 4.04.16 PM.png

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Confirmed:
OgYOOJZ.jpg

If I were ever to wear sharkskin shoes I think I would want them un-dyed "natural sharkskin." I have no idea what that would look like but I just don't think I'd feel right about choosing black or brown dyed sharkskin shoes.

Does this mean I respect sharks more than cows? I have eaten shark only a few times and my diet is probably 50% cow so make of that what you will

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I were ever to wear sharkskin shoes I think I would want them un-dyed "natural sharkskin." I have no idea what that would look like but I just don't think I'd feel right about choosing black or brown dyed sharkskin shoes.

Does this mean I respect sharks more than cows? I have eaten shark only a few times and my diet is probably 50% cow so make of that what you will
Well, they’re both pretty dumb animals. However, I think I’d put the shark higher on the respect ladder because, you know, THEY CAN EAT YOU!

That said, F sharks, I’ll dye ‘em purple if I want.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a serious commitment.., however those are seriously gorgeous.
They only go outside on dry days.
And as much as it’s rained here, it has taken WAY longer than a month to accumulate that much time in the sun.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads