• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never tried Bick 4 or VSC, so can't compare, but I like Blackrock well enough - it doesn't smell great (but then, neither does Renovateur, IMO), but it seems to do the job. I figured, "What the heck? It's $10 (plus $3.95 s/h IIRC); why not give it a try?" (Preston Soto recommended it in one of his videos, so how bad could it be?)
I've watched their video's and been on website, I like what the guy is doing, keeping a company his grandfather started alive, and it's MiUSA, may order some and give it a try. Renovateur smells terrible, agreed.

WNovizar

Reaction score
I don't know, sorry. Dainite seems to be their primary outsole for now. But Andrew, the proprietor, is extremely communicative and eager to help. And they do resole other brands' boots for customers (he recrafted some Wolverine 1000 Miles on their IG page recently), so it may be there are other options. I'd say send him an email if you have interest and see what he can do for you.

Speaking of 1000 Mile boot, which one are made by Allen Edmonds? AFAIK only 721LTD, 744LTD, 135LTD, and Krause are made by Allen Edmonds?

froyz25

Reaction score
94F115D8-8916-4A67-894D-0DB4ADE3E31E.jpeg
Not sure who makes ‘em but they’re darn comfortable in the rain!

darkclassic

Reaction score
Just
Is that the Parkhurst Allen in spruce Kudu? I just took delivery of my first pair from them, the same boot in Dublin, and am really impressed. Roomy last in the forefoot but looks sleek, and nicely snug in the heel. Not really anything about the brand on Styleforum from what I've seen.

Anyway, wearing them today (alas, at work after sundown today so lighting isn't the best):

Just had a pair of the chukkas delivered Friday from Andrew. I will likely pick up a pair of the Ridge Kudu in the spring.
Parkhurst Chukka 2.jpg

Last edited:

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice looking boot, the lines of it remind me of my Eagle Counties. Do you know if they come on any other sole than Dainite?
They will do a different sole for an upcharge ($40-$50 I believe). Considering one of their boots and believe they have the commando like AE. If you reach out to them they are very responsive.

I hope you guys had a good weekend!

Redwing Beckmans today
20191208_124537.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They will do a different sole for an upcharge ($40-$50 I believe). Considering one of their boots and believe they have the commando like AE. If you reach out to them they are very responsive.

Redwing Beckmans today
View attachment 1295590
Ooooooo, commando. My favorite rubber sole......

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Waxy and dusty, this pair received a few hard wears this weekend. Not at all sure how I’ll take care of them (not planning on them needing a lot) but I’m glad they are here to serve.

View attachment 1295594
Viberg says just normal cleaning and conditioning, unless you want to reapply wax.

I've scuffed up the toes of mine pretty well, so I plan on rewaxing them maybe in the spring?

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg says just normal cleaning and conditioning, unless you want to reapply wax.

I've scuffed up the toes of mine pretty well, so I plan on rewaxing them maybe in the spring?

I’m curious to see what happens to the nap. I think it could look kind of cool with the waxed portions wearing off at different rates in different spots.

Thanks for linking, I’ll check that out

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Redwing Beckmans today
View attachment 1295590
Yes. They are very good at responding to messages. I even got a response over the weekend.

They don’t have a large selection of models. But they’re made in the USA and use high-quality (name brand) leathers. And they have that awesome spruce kudu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads