• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've made no such announcement, just still struggling with the similarity of my current collection and the options here.

If that award is for traveling cross country for a pair of shaved, then, you ARE the big kahuna here!
Haha! Feel like a regular @polojock615

Ok, I thought I'd seen a comment you weren't planning on getting anything.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, I just don't like the HM. I have a similar pair of Oak Street Trench boots that won the CXL lottery as well as the Meermin Service boot (plain toe) in Shinki Burgundy on its way. The First Ave, though, does tickle my fancy.
HM is a rather plain boot and that is why some like it and some don't.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there's still one more sleep before TS2019.2, so there should be some more updates to this list, but I'm really shocked at the complete dearth of HMs. During TS2019.1, it was one of the most-ordered pairs. Nobody is adding a chili or antique cherry version of it? Did you not see how good it looked in EVERY, SINGLE, COLOR last time? @BagleyBrown needs to post his full array from the first show just to get the HM juice flowing again.

If I weren't sitting this one out, I'd be all over a navy version or a bourbon version (feel like my burgundy pair is just a little too close to chili and cherry to justify them over the other colors I'd be interested in).
If I had the scratch to spare, a pair of Bourbon HMs would be on my list for sure. Maybe next time...

goalaso

Reaction score
I was just surprised that there were no shell examples of HM in all those trunk show sneak peak photos. Was very curious to see what it would look like in chili or shaved

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oi! @BagleyBrown
I know you've announced you're sitting this one out, but I know it's gotta be tough on you to let me have this award...
View attachment 1239465

It was a short lived victory, @madhat. Looks like @suuteebird is now in the lead with 4 pairs. Better add a couple more to your order! And where's @AEfaninTampa? Waiting for 5 pairs from him!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just surprised that there were no shell examples of HM in all those trunk show sneak peak photos. Was very curious to see what it would look like in chili or shaved
There was a bourbon HM

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's also extremely comfortable (to me). No experience with those other brands. @polojock615 are you getting a shaved Higgins tomorrow?

I'm torn... I want both the HM and the 5A in shaved shell. I love how the 5A looks, but a HM... damn. I've already got these HMs:

Burgundy shell
Navy shell
Bourbon shell
Acorn suede
Black shark (I was the OG!)
Natty CXL
Brown waxed suede (still undecided on these)

And I plan on ordering the brown shell....

And I think I need the shaved shell. Anyone else wanna proxy for me? :oops:

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HM is a rather plain boot and that is why some like it and some don't.

I felt the same about it until I was able to handle one in person. I tend to like more going on (longwing, punch cap, etc) in my footwear but once you see it in person it is a fine looking boot.

For me it's one of the few lasts that has adequate width.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there's still one more sleep before TS2019.2, so there should be some more updates to this list, but I'm really shocked at the complete dearth of HMs. During TS2019.1, it was one of the most-ordered pairs. Nobody is adding a chili or antique cherry version of it? Did you not see how good it looked in EVERY, SINGLE, COLOR last time? @BagleyBrown needs to post his full array from the first show just to get the HM juice flowing again.

If I weren't sitting this one out, I'd be all over a navy version or a bourbon version (feel like my burgundy pair is just a little too close to chili and cherry to justify them over the other colors I'd be interested in).

Not only is no Higgins Mill crazy, but no one is ordering any green shell either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads