• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What was the original Drop price on these? And how is the fit? It's been so long since I looked into these...
My pairs were really good looking, but I am a big guy and I did not feel they provided enough support. I moved them on down the line.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My neurosis always seems to preclude me from sending a pristine, newly-hatched pair of shoes off into the wild without some prescribed period of consternation. One of the (many) things I love about buying AE from Dabondo1 is that I don't even think about it; I just put 'em on and forge a trail.
I am the exact same way. I probably have 15+ pair of virgin shell in the closet

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mreams99, since you and @Neo1 are the only who I've noticed who own the brown tumbled Higgins, would you say the look more reddish brown than the cxl brown? There's a killer price on the them right now in seconds, but I'm unsure if they would be different enough than the brown cxl.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mreams99, since you and @Neo1 are the only who I've noticed who own the brown tumbled Higgins, would you say the look more reddish brown than the cxl brown? There's a killer price on the them right now in seconds, but I'm unsure if they would be different enough than the brown cxl.
I do not think that they are significantly more red than the brown CXL.
Except for one of my pairs which I used a diluted red dye on so that they would be more of a burgundy color.
(I have two pairs of tumbled brown HMs.)

I have worn my tumbled brown HMs a LOT. They are very underrated around here for some reason.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These things looks crazy blue in better lighting conditions. Super happy with them.

The fit was a bit wonky, but I assume it will tighten up after a wear or two.

B8C183A1-8061-4F9E-B6AB-B7ACAA5CE26C.jpeg
4A713AAB-29F5-476E-8A27-7D04385008D8.jpeg

WNovizar

Reaction score
Just looked over that drop warehouse page hoping for olive color, but alas nothing in olive color to complete the collection

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offered 60% on a derby from our favorite eBay seller and he immediately accepted, hmm. Makes me wonder if I should have offered lower, but still a good deal. I am skeptical about this feather welt thing but it’s a good price for a poor weather shoe that will fill a gap in my closet. It’s the Nomad derby with XL lightweight sole.

I was also eyeing this shell Leeds for under $200, but I need a bigger size in that last.

For you guys that own the Hopkinson Independence line cap-toe, is severe creasing on the toe box normal? Virtually all of the used Hopkinsons on the Bay have this issue.

Rithrin

Reaction score
I think it is the contrasting welt. I find that one common thread in the compliments that I get from non-shoe enthusiasts is the presence of a contrasting welt: dark upper and lighter welt. I think it may be due partly to the fact that this combination is not at all common in cheaper footwear?

I've read that if something is more stand-out and eye catching, it'll receive a higher rate of compliments, even if it's not a good look. Reasoning being that in order to be complimented, one has to notice it first, so if an item naturally draws someone's attention then it will have a higher rate of complements.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read that if something is more stand-out and eye catching, it'll receive a higher rate of compliments, even if it's not a good look. Reasoning being that in order to be complimented, one has to notice it first, so if an item naturally draws someone's attention then it will have a higher rate of complements.

I think there’s something to that. I think that’s fine for a basketball shoe and terrible for a black stitch cap (because in those settings where you’d wear one, you don’t want folks drawn to your shoes).

Where in between on the formality spectrum you’re cool with your welt/sole edge being lighter than the upper is gentleman’s choice.

For those who like pictures of shoes in a shoe thread :) , the natty Clark Street:

90E38DF5-84A1-40C9-A91C-F65A867B29A0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads