• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is one of the shoes I regret selling a number of years ago. The merlot PA is a great color on a great shoe. Difficult to come by, I agree. Can't tell you the last time I saw a pair. No idea what I was thinking moving them along.

It's funny. I have an unworn PA in merlot in my closet but I think it's only 6ish years old. I always think about listing it but never do for some reason.

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
It's funny. I have an unworn PA in merlot in my closet but I think it's only 6ish years old. I always think about listing it but never do for some reason.

You should wear them. If I recall correctly, the color started off purplish/eggplanty but with a little wear and polish they evolved really nicely. I think I was using mainly saphir bordeaux on them with occasionally a dab of mahogany. They were just slightly long for me, which is why I sold them but I do like that color. Underrated, I think, for a slightly more formal/business look.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using a pair of Leeds from Club Monaco, you can see both the details I mentioned.

Logo (missing on my 2019 shoes):
View attachment 1217761

Also missing on my new Leeds:
View attachment 1217763
Oh the label window. So in the sixties, they (along with others) copied Florsheim’s little label window thing. Everyone did that because when the label was sewn on the interior side, it wore out and disintegrated pretty quickly, going from this...
WE4DdMk.jpg

to this...
z1IjCxP.jpg

So why’d they get rid of it altogether? Probably because they couldn’t figure out how to fit their new single-line block logo on one line or with out it looking exactly like the 1981-89 version (from which it’s clearly derived):
fAsMURx.jpg

And let me tell you, from first hand experience - modern-day branding people will absolutely kill a detail like that if the logo specifics can’t be properly implemented on the chosen medium (e.g. the little stencil like details of the current logo not being clearly visible in small stitched form).

I once had a branding person drive 40 miles to my house, on a Saturday, because they had gotten into an argument with a marketing person regarding a difference of opinion regarding a color variation on printed materials, versus the official Pantone color. I almost fired the entire marketing department (including the branding person) that Saturday afternoon.

Things like saddle stitched interiors on calf MacNeils went away because of cost cutting, IMHO (but that was pre-Caleres). I’d bet real money that the little label window is gone because “branding fidelity”.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing tan suede Strandmok 0.0's again today.

IMG_2049.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, either in the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon (one of the wonders of the world) or in a tea shop with plastic wisteria hanging from the ceiling (wondering why).

IMG_2046.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, what may be called (by some classes of people in some parts of the UK), "Being Mum".

IMG_2041 2.jpeg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1217797

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, either in the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon (one of the wonders of the world) or in a tea shop with plastic wisteria hanging from the ceiling (wondering why).

View attachment 1217798

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, what may be called (by some classes of people in some parts of the UK), "Being Mum".

View attachment 1217803
One of these days, I wonder if you'll reveal your accomplice (at least I'm assuming you have an accomplice behind the lens, as many of the shots you post would be difficult to impossible to do without one - although most would probably be possible with a tripod and a remote - but is that second giant piece of cake in the foreground really also for you? ;))

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of these days, I wonder if you'll reveal your accomplice (at least I'm assuming you have an accomplice behind the lens, as many of the shots you post would be difficult to impossible to do without one - although most would probably be possible with a tripod and a remote - but is that second giant piece of cake in the foreground really also for you? ;))
He is such a stylish and well dressed guy, that strangers offer to take the photos. You knew that, right?

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1217797

View attachment 1217798

View attachment 1217803
Ha! Once again, I have that tie!

Sadly, I don’t have those shoes... or that delicious looking cake.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IIRC @Roycru has noted a luckie selfie stick of some sort.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1217797

View attachment 1217798

View attachment 1217803

Your dressing nice and going out for interesting tea game is very strong.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your dressing nice and going out for interesting tea game is very strong.
@Roycru is the hero we need: he’s not letting standards slip; a bulwark against the hoards of ripped jeans, neon colored Gucci sneakers, tank tops, cargo pants, men’s capris (ugghh), ironic/ faux-vintage tees and all the other degenerate nonsense that passes for “clothing” nowadays.

A true SF SuperHero.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once had a branding person drive 40 miles to my house, on a Saturday, because they had gotten into an argument with a marketing person regarding a difference of opinion regarding a color variation on printed materials, versus the official Pantone color. I almost fired the entire marketing department (including the branding person) that Saturday afternoon.

:rotflmao:

WNovizar

Reaction score
Gentleman,

Apologies in advance for an outright shameless plug for a pair of Wolverine 135s that I'm considering moving along. They're on the casual end of what I normally wear and, as a result, have seen I think 3 wears primarily standing on the sideline for youth sports. They are a little too casual for my office and I can't seem to get them into the weekend rotation. Prior to listing them, I thought one of you might like a crack at them since they're no longer readily available, I don't think.

These are a 9.5D. Feel free to PM me to discuss further or see more photos.

View attachment 1217351
Do you have HM for fit comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics