• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kopo Personally I think the Lexington with denim wouldn't look right. If they are available, I'd check out the le marche, but keep in mind it will feel a little looser.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Hayseeds Someone on here posted pics a little while back. I don't have them personally (apparently they only made a few 7s and now they're 8D and above) but l looked at them enough and ill give you my 2 cents. They are literally the brown distressed strandmok with a red captoe. So on one hand, they are sort of a bargain, plus I wouldn't say these look like a Christmas shoe only. On the other hand, the red creates a hard contrast with the rest of the shoe (none of which has any red). They throw on these red or candy cane laces but that doesn't help much. I literally recognized these from like 5 feet away because of that captoe, point being it is not blended in at all. I would try it and see how you feel - they seem a little weird / tough to pull off. The jingle bell mok color pattern seems much better thought out, but that really does look like a Christmas shoe, so sortof a toss up.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Incainwetrust That isn't much info to go on, so based on that I would say first 10.5E and then 10.5D. If neither worked (which I'd be surprised) I'd go 11D, but that's a long shot.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@middlepP That had to have been the worst release ever by AE in terms of planning. The Shannon came out last BF with that soft white sole, I (and many others) were totally uninterested. Then that butyl sole version trickles into shoebank, and finally 1sts end up on eBay at firesale prices. Why not just release the butyl one first? I totally would have picked that one up.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What if you think you might have to go straight from a meeting at work to a squishy Christmas tree lot at lunch in a steady drizzle with no time to change into boots?

You reach for your Black Hills, of course.

Frosty approves.

Last edited:

kopo

Reaction score

@kopo Personally I think the Lexington with denim wouldn't look right. If they are available, I'd check out the le marche, but keep in mind it will feel a little looser.

Thanks @Neo1, but why the Le Marche? Overall shape looks the same, only difference I see is the sole and lighter color. As reference, I love wearing my dark brown Ashtons with jeans, but they're more chunky than both these.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Several people have mentioned the Saphir special through Mass Drop, but I have not seen a link to see which specific Saphir products are being offered. However, I wanted to throw my $0.02 into the mix to say I have used the Renovateur and the cordovan cream to great satisfaction. I used the #8 cream a single application on these PTBs I am wearing today and they just have a nice glow now that I am really appreciating. (Sorry for the lack of sun on this rare foggy morning.) They are not cheap in price, but I have been really pleased with the results.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Several people have mentioned the Saphir special through Mass Drop, but I have not seen a link to see which specific Saphir products are being offered. However, I wanted to throw my $0.02 into the mix to say I have used the Renovateur and the cordovan cream to great satisfaction. I used the #8 cream a single application on these PTBs I am wearing today and they just have a nice glow now that I am really appreciating. (Sorry for the lack of sun on this rare foggy morning.) They are not cheap in price, but I have been really pleased with the results.

If you don't have an account to which you're logged in, this link won't mean anything or show anything, but.....

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/saphir-cream-polishes-and-conditioner

It's 2 jars for 29.99 (plus 7.75 for shipping), polish in 7 colors and/or renovateur.

Last edited:

Weathered

Reaction score
Got notification that my Massdrop chukkas are to be delivered by EOD today, and I'm stuck at the office for the next 9 hours. Patience was never my virtue.

Middlife

Reaction score
A few shots with the Dundees overseas from this past weekend.

Last edited:

Middlife

Reaction score
Gents,

Do the dalton seconds ever go for lower than $299? I just don't know when to pull the trigger on those.
Dalton 2nds drop down to $259 from time to time. I ordered a pair at this price in October.

Incainwetrust

Reaction score

@Incainwetrust That isn't much info to go on, so based on that I would say first 10.5E and then 10.5D. If neither worked (which I'd be surprised) I'd go 11D, but that's a long shot.
Well my brannock is 11 D/E depending on the foot. With a slightly higher volume midfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members