• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALDEN SHOE SALE! 5 pairs in sizes 7-7.5 Cigar & Navy CXL LWB, 6 Eyelet Chukka & Indys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinodell5

Reaction score
Hello, I am pleased to offer 5 pairs of from my personal Alden collection. Let me start off by saying I am only selling these shoes because they no longer fit as I lost some weight and went down 1/2 a size. I take very good care of my shoes and always store them back in their box with shoe trees when not worn. I will also add that I will consider trades for other Alden's in size 7D or 6.5E with a Barrie or Trubalance last. Many of the shoes I will offer below are very rare special make-ups and are very hard if not impossible to replace so I'm not looking to give these away. I will include many pictures and will have a detailed description of each shoe. Lastly I had these shoes posted on eBay however I didn't have much luck there and a friend recommend I try style forum so thats just what I'm doing. My hope is to find these beautiful shoes a new hope with someone who can wear them and appreciate them at a fair price. If you have any further questions please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] or you can call or text at (703)498-7808. I have many more pictures of each shoe upon request.

1) Alden Long Wing Blucher in Cigar Shell Cordovan. Size 7.5E. Price: SOLD

Description:

Up first are these beautiful and rare Alden Long Wing Bluchers in Cigar Shell Cordovan. These shoes are on the Barrie last and are a size 7.5E. They come with the original box, dust bags and plastic bags. The condition of these shoes as you can see is excellent. I purchased them brand new from Alden of Carmel about a year ago and only wore them on few special occasions, less than 10 times. They have yet to need a polish still maintaining their original finish and shine. I am only selling because They are a little too large for me. They have always been stored with shoe trees in the original box(shoe trees not included in auction). For those who are not familiar the Barrie last runs 1/2 size large therefore these being a 7.5E will fit someone who typically wears an 8E or even an 8.5D. The Cigar Shell Cordovan leather is extremely rare and sought after, there are long waiting lists for this shoe as a few small amount of them are released.

2) Alden Long Wing Blucher in Navy Chromexcel w/ antique leather soles. Size 7.5D. Price: $399

Description:

Alden Long Wing Bluchers in Navy Chromexcel with antique leather soles. These shoes are a size 7.5D on the Barrie last. For those not familiar with the Barrie last it runs 1/2 large so these will fit someone who typically wears a size 8. This shoe is a special make up for the Alden store of Washington D.C. I purchased them a little over a year ago on 8/27/13 for $548. I only wore them on one occasion this past Father's Day to be exact and I only wore them for half the day in fact. They are slightly too large for me and I have already purchased another pair in size 7 because I love the dark navy Chromexcel so much, it's just a gorgeous shoe that can be worn casually as well as formally. These shoes have always been stored with shoe trees in their original box(shoe trees not included in auction). They come with everything you see pictured including the original box, dust bags, plastic bags and an extra pair of dark navy blue laces compliments of Alden D.C. As you can see in the pictures the shoes are in immaculate condition as you would expect from a shoe that was only worn once.

3) Alden Elwood 6 Eye Chukka Boot in Brown Chromexcel w/ Plantation Crepe Sole For Need Supply Co. Size 7.5D. Price: $399

Description:

Made exclusively for Need Supply Co. by Alden, a hand crafted plain toe chukka-style boot with six-eye lace up styling. Made with rich chromexcel leather uppers, a 360 reverse welt, mahogany plantation-crepe outsole.

• Chromexcel chukka boot
• Alden Style D3809
• Exclusive release
• Six eye lace up
• Brass eyelets
• Goodyear welt construction
• Plantation crepe outsole
• Waxed cotton laces
• Barrie last
• Made in USA

I purchased these shoes from Need Supply Co. In Richmond,Virginia earlier this year on 3/19/14 for $557.04. I originally bought them in an 8 but it was too large so I exchanged them a couple days later on 3/21/14 for a 7.5. I found out later that I actually take a size 7 in the Barrie last however they did not have a size 7 in stock at the time so I left with this pair and only wore them 3 times before realizing they also were just a little too big.

This is one of the most beautiful Alden special make ups I've ever seen and if Need Supply Co. ever did them again I would surely pick up a 7. However I've been informed by them that this 6 eye chukka was a limited release and they have no plans to offer them again in the future, making this shoe particularly rare.

They are a size 7.5D on the Barrie last and for those who aren't familiar the Barrie last runs approximately 1/2 a size big so these would be perfect for someone who usually wears a size 8. They were work very carefully and haven't even been broken in yet as they were truly only work 3 times. I always stored them in their original box with Alden shoe trees(which are not included in the auction). The shoes will come complete with everything I received them with from Need Supply Co. Including the original box, dust bags, plastic covers and original receipt.

4) Alden Auburn Indy Shoe in Tan Dakota Leather For Need Supply Co. Size 7D. Price $299

Description:

Alden’s signature “Indy” Work Boot distilled into a shoe exclusively for Need Supply Co. Hand crafted from rugged Tan Dakota leather with a 3/4 storm welt, brown eyelets, brown flat waxed laces, and a neoprene cork sole.

• Tan Dakota Leather Indy Shoe
• Exclusive limited release
• Brown eyelets
• 3/4 storm welt
• Neoprene cork sole
• Trubalance last
• Made in USA

I purchased these shoes brand new from Need Supply Co. in Richmond, Virginia about a year ago for $519. They have been worn carefully in rotation with my other shoes over the last year I would say a few times a month. They haven't been getting as much use as of late because I've purchased a couple more pairs of shoes for fall/winter. As you can see they are in great condition and have a beautiful tan Dakota leather and are a little more versatile than the Indy boot. They are size 7D made on the Barrie last which runs 1/2 size large therefore they will fit a size 7.5-8. This was a special make up made exclusively for Need Supply Co. They were only made in a limited run and are now sold out and rare to find. I've taken many detailed photos artificial light and natural light in an attempt to capture the exact condition as well as the beautiful color. This auction is for the shoes only as I seem to have misplaced the box, they will however be shipped in the original Alden dust bags.

5) Alden 403 Indy Boot in Brown Chromexcel. Size 7E. Price $289

Description:

I purchased these shoes a little over a year ago and wore them a lot. This was actually my first pair of Alden boots as I usually just wore their dress shoes. I absolutely fell in love with them, and wore them a bunch over the next 6 months, then got too big with my foot shrinking during this time. As you can see they are well worn and broken in, however they still have much life left in them for and at this bargain price someone else can enjoy them.

Thank you

Photos:

Attachments

• Alden1.JPG
    Alden1.JPG
    858.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Alden2.JPG
    Alden2.JPG
    908 KB · Views: 84
  • Alden3.JPG
    Alden3.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
  • Alden4.JPG
    Alden4.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
  • Alden5.JPG
    Alden5.JPG
    927 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads