• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

SteveUnLTD

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the workmanship. Both pairs have been worn since. They had different options for the commando, a full rebuild, adding the rubber sole on without a rebuild of the leather, and just adding the front piece of the rubber sole. I went with the full rebuild. and as far as I can tell its as good as Alden sans the emblem on the leather bottom. Left shoe is a calfskin wing and the right is a shell captoe.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like my Ravello PT boots. Amazing last.

Last edited:

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yikes. I actually wanted a double leather rebuild on the trubalance, and they turned down the work - they won't do double leather. I'll be trying B. Nelson now.

I don't mean to discourage you. They can do some good work and they fix stuff when they make a mistake (happily, in my experience). But stitching quality is not the same as the original if that is what you want.

prez

Reaction score

Hey I haven't gotten around to wear mine yet. I think the modified last is amazing for boots.
Just bought a snuff suede plain toe boot & a shell tanker boot from Anatomica.
Happy Holidays to all !

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey I haven't gotten around to wear mine yet. I think the modified last is amazing for boots.
Happy Holidays to all !

Nice score prez. I can see color 8 PT boots in my future.

Happy Holidays.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy Holidays to all !

What's the pricing like for Anatomica shell boots?

bdschneid

Reaction score
does anyone know if anatomica carries wide widths on the modified last? if not has anyone moved up a 1/2 size in length and moved from E width to D width with success?

prez

Reaction score

They do usually stock e widths; not sure about eee. I doubt that.
as we are all fans of the Modified last . How about this description given to me by a friend working at Alden.

"The Modified last is quite a special last and I would not compare it to other lasts. That means, the fitting qualities are unique to the last.

It is designed to give a narrow foot more arch support, so yes, that is why you feel taller - the heel, the inside heel counter, the tight "waist" area of the shoes all gently push your arches upwards, relaxing the insides of your legs and making you back more relaxed as well. And as your arches are pushed up, the toes fall forward and inward - so, again yes, we built more toe room into that last. And THAT is why the sizing is different, because your toes are not exactly extending forward, but rather,falling towards the inside of your body. It feels like a massage all day long, doesn't it ?"

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Washamhelens