• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Indy sizing advice

blantonator

Reaction score
I just tried to ordered a pair of Indys in 8D, but they are backordered until April. Now I know they run slightly large, but how large? and can I get away with a 7.5D?

My foot measures to just a hair larger than size 8, and for most shoes I end up wearing a 8.5, and chucks i wear an 8(but could possibly get away with a 7.5)

What is your experience? Can I get away with the 7.5D?

thanks,

Ben

405.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm an 8.5 in most sneakers, an 8 in most dress shoes. I tried on an 8 D at the store and it fit ok, a little narrow in the toebox, so I ended up getting a 7.5 EE at the store. best fit by far, actually had to go down a whole size.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 10.5 in Chucks and I got a 10D in the Alden Indy. It fits okay. I think it would fit better if I got a 9.5EE. They are however, super comfy.

ioscan -fnk

Reaction score
I'm a 9.5 - 10 in most everything. Chucks I'm an 8.5 - 9. I got the Indy in 9 EE. These are perfect with an extra insole. I could have gotten away with an 8.5 and no insole.

Curious_George

Reaction score
I'm a 12 in vans and 11.5 in most dress shoes. I went with a 11E for a nearly perfect fit.

vaughan

Reaction score
I'm a 42 in Common Projects. What size should I buy for the Alden Burgundy Calf Short Wing?

alleyooptroop

Reaction score
Well, since he's already started it... Im an 8 in chucks and bought a 7.5d in the indy's and they fit perfect.

gululv

Reaction score
Ok, sorry to bump this it's problematic for anyone. I know there's an alden thread as well, but there are so many posts there and hard to get an answer:
Ok, I'm 10 in the following brands: Yuketen Ranger Moccs, Sperry Topsiders, Fracap, Gram, Red Wing Wabasha Chukka..
Is 9.5 my size here?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueWord
General rule is size down 1/2 from your true size.

...like they recommend on every website that sells them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads