• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airline Question (Discount Airlines and Milan)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick question that I was hopign somebody with more european discount airline experiance could help me with.

I've got a TAP flight right now from lisbon to milan that flys into LIN arriving at 11:35 at night that I paid $178 for.

I can cancel that flight for $10 and book a flight on easyjet that will come to about $100 after carryon bag and currenct conversion. The easyjet flight gets in at 10:25 at night but it flys to MXP (Malpensa)

Is it worth it to swith flights? I am somewhat budget conscious and I am wondering if it might be better to get in at 10:30 to figure out where I am staying. That being said, having never flown these airlines, how much do I have to worry about delays? Is it worth the extra $60-70 to get a drink on my flight and end up in LIN?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linate is obviously more central but consider that there is a train connection from Malpensa, running every 30' and 11euros o/w, going to the metro station Cadorna. Takes 40' instead of the tedious coach transfer. Although the latter prob not so bad entering the city at that time of night.
Every EJ flight I've ever taken has arrived on time, even if it left later than the scheduled time (which I think is intentional, anyway. Seems worth the savings.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Linate is obviously more central but consider that there is a train connection from Malpensa, running every 30' and 11euros o/w, going to the metro station Cadorna. Takes 40' instead of the tedious coach transfer. Although the latter prob not so bad entering the city at that time of night.
Every EJ flight I've ever taken has arrived on time, even if it left later than the scheduled time (which I think is intentional, anyway. Seems worth the savings.

Are you saying that Linate has a tedious transfer even though it is closer?

How is easyjet in terms of amenities? I know it is a discount airline but at almost 6'2" I want to know that I'll fit in a seat and I tend to get thirsty on planes so if I am dropping 10 euros a piece on a coke/juice or two and paying more to get in from the airport, it starts looking like less of a deal...

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
How is easyjet in terms of amenities?
As far as I know there are none. You get what you pay for, but they get you to your destination.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, the Linate transfer is a doddle. Even taxi-worthy.
The Malpensa coach transfer to the city centre (Centrale station) is/can be tedious during the day. It takes about 30' just to get through all the traffic to the tangenziale. Then the autostrada out to the airport. (or Vice Versa).At night I suspect I would be quicker. Anyhow, the train is obviously more comfortable and just as frequent as Terravision transfer coaches etc. The train goes to Cadorna station which is very close to Centrale main station if you are connecting or if you want to get to the central metros such as Duomo.
I am 6'2" too and find EJ non too problematic for short hauls across Europe. Yes, you pay for drinks etc. Although I never buy food or drink on the flights anyway. Something like 3euro for a coke/water maybe...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads