• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Age of Empires

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been on an Age of Empires 2 kick lately. Anyone still playing any of these? How about other RTS games?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
howdoyouturnthison

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
I absolutely loved AOE from the beginning to maybe the 3rd one. After that..too futuristic for me.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
I absolutely loved AOE from the beginning to maybe the 3rd one. After that..too futuristic for me.

Yeah I don't even like AoE3. That's why I'm still playing 2 (Age of Kings).

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I ******* love AoE. AoE 1 and 2 (expansions included) were my life growing up. I still played them until last year when I bought a mac. I have been trying to find them on a mac but have been unsuccessful. I bought AoE 3 and beat it but wasn't happy with the style of it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
AoE 1 and 2 (expansions included) were my life growing up.

No wonder you're so lame.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still play AOE 2 w/the expansion. I love that game. The Spaniards are the shiznit in that game.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every year there's a period I reinstall AOE 2 with Conquerors/Kings expansions. Still one of the greatest RTS's of all time.

Never did play 3, and the Age of Mythology (Kind of a spin-off, I guess?) sucked.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved playing 1 and 2. In high school, on school nights or after parties me and 2 other friends would play 3v3 online matches. I would be the Chinese since their special archer guys were badass.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I played WC3 TFT for a while. Took it pretty serious for about 6 months when it was at it's peak popularity. I still enjoy watching some of the old Grubby/Moon/Tod/Sky/Zacard/Creo/Insomnia/Luci/Fov (4k was the **** haha) replays that I have saved. I'm pretty sure the game is all but dead at this point though

I've played SC for maybe 2 hours total, never played Diablo, never played AOE

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to love this game. What did the villagers say...."obier, greetin, gatherer", ha.

The major flaw with online play was the cheating, which was fairly common. The other being players that would quit. You'd be 1.5 hours into an online game and one of your teammates would drop out, or get booted. If that happens, the game is pretty much over, assuming the teams were evenly matched to begin with.

My friend and I were in a 3v3 and as soon as the match started, we took all of our villagers over and built a fence around his town center (or whatever it was called). It was hilarious - the idea being to trap every single new villager he made. I remember him saying "help, they're villy rushing me". We did the same thing to a teammate once too, which was even funnier because, if I remember correctly, he couldn't attack the fence because it was built by his teammates.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The taunts were awesome.

All hail, King of the Losers!

Don't point that thing at me!

You play 2 hours to die like this?

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
I have been on an AOE II kick myself lately. I just downloaded it for my mac. It sucks though..I can only play vs other mac users. There are only like 10 people i see on at any given time on GameRanger. Need to play against someone!

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone play the Age of Empires online beta?

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Anyone play the Age of Empires online beta?

What's this now? Link, sir.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads