1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AE Strand Cordovan Problem - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ymmt, Nov 21, 2011.

1. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

i always thought this is due to flat feet?

2. ymmt

ymmt Well-Known Member

I plan on stopping by the local AE retailer and sizing down to see if I have the same issue.

I do have flat feet, but that doesn't explain why my other #5 last and the shell Strands in-store fit better.

3. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Thanks this was very helpful. I have the Lindrick boot, so will hold off for now.

4. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Horween ships the exact same color to both of them...whether either of them do anything with it after, I dunno. it's hard to say b/c there is so much variation even comparing 2 "identical" shells

5. ymmt

ymmt Well-Known Member

Bad news. Just got the replacement pair and they have the same problem. There are also some other problems with quality such as loose threads. These are going back to AE, I will need to face the fact that I can't wear the cordovan Strands. Will see if I can get a pair of similar Carminas while in Madrid.

6. Testudo_Aubreii

Testudo_Aubreii Senior member

Sorry to hear it. Does the same thing happen on the size down?

7. ymmt

ymmt Well-Known Member

I didn't size down on the second pair since I thought it was a manufacturing issue (perhaps mislabeled). The length of the shoe is perfect, toes are around 1/2in from the tip. Dropping a half size or so shouldnt affect the topline gapping (right?). The person I spoke with on the phone at AE suggested that I drop to a C width. I have a feeling this might make the gapping more pronounced. Anyone have any input on this? Maybe moving from D to E will solve this. I decided that I am going to give this one last exchange before giving up.

8. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

if you can go to a store, u should try as many sizes as you can then you will find out what's the right size for this particular shoe.

9. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

+1 - you need to go to a store. Nordstroms carries a pretty solid size selection of the Park Avenue, which is also on the 5 last iirc, even if they don't have the Strand in your size. The AE stores / outlets are of course your best bet, but you need. to. go. to. a. store. AE should be able to help you find one, to be honest - they're usually great about customer service touches like that.