• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on jacket fit

Herk

Reaction score
Heya!

I've made a couple of mistakes in the past, buying things thinking the fit is good to later on realize they don't fly at all. To avoid making the same mistake again, I'm here reaching out to people who might take details into consideration that I'm missing. What's your opinion on the fit of this jacket? Ignore the fit of the pants. Also, any alterations you would recommend?

Best regards,
H

Bakifrån.jpg
BakifrånK.jpg
BakifrånOK.jpg

FramifrånK.jpg
FramifrånOK.jpg

ProfilK.jpg
ProfilOKK.jpg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m really not sure anything needs to be done.

The length looks good and the sleeves don’t really look as though they need shortening.

There’s just the right amount of waist suppression without the jacket wanting to be pulled one way or another.

Open up the vents but you can do that yourself.

maybe others will see something I’m missing but I think you did well.

Reactions: RSS

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree, I think it fits you quite well. You could go a little longer in the jacket body IMO but this is fine.

Caesar20

Reaction score
This is a nicely fitting jacket. It's pretty hard to find much that is not "right". My only (nit-picky) concern is that the top button looks a few centimetres too high. If possible I'd prefer to make sure the waistband is not visible when the jacket is done up. I can't see it clearly in the pictures as the tag is in the way so if this isn't the case then you can just ignore this comment.

Even if it does show a bit it isn't the end of the world. The jacket fits very well regardless.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If thats how its fitting you OTR, unaltered, then you have chosen wisely.

Not sure much needs to be done unless you are feeling uncomfortable in it.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
That seems like a great fit. Jacket length is fine, could be 1-2cm longer, but thats a stylistic choice.

Also, pants look great!

Herk

Reaction score
Thank you all for all the good answers!

As some of you noted, the jacket length feels a bit off. I want it to be 0.5-1 cm longer, at least in the front. Because of production marginals I've ordered the same jacket, hoping it will be a tad longer. I might post here when the jacket arrives.

Best regards,
H

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fit is good, but personally would prefer jacket a bit longer and buttoning point a bit lower

Reactions: RSS

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It might be the camera angle, but the jacket looks too short to me. I'm also not crazy about the silhouette. It feels a bit boyish on you. I think you'd be better off with a different model.

ThePerfectSuit

Reaction score
I think it looks good. Good fit starts from the shoulders - these look spot on. Top button should be at the slimmest part of your waist, which this appears to be. Sleeve length should end at the wrist bones to show shirt cuff, check and the length looks good. I understand the comments about it being too short but I disagree. Overall it gives you a nice shape.

Not sure about your choice of face mask but the jacket looks good ;-)

Jonathan

The Perfect Suit Co

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads