• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice for shopping in Brussels & Madrid

Cyclone141

Reaction score
Hi All

Short term lurker here who really appreciates the tips/advice lush in this forum!

I am upgrading my wardrobe for a consulting gig and I am looking for classic but fashion-forward pieces to really upgrade my style. I live in brussels and will spend 10 days during late August in Madrid as part of my vacation; I am looking for advice on shoes, shirts and shoes.

Shoes:
I bought a few pairs of churchs custom grade on deep discount 50%, and I am excited to pick up a pair each of Paul Evans and Carmina shoes. Any other mid-point (300-400) euro shoe maufacturers that I should check out in my backyard or in Madrid? I am way too excited to go check out Carnina already to see their lasts in person

Suits and Shirts:
I am athletic build, 36 in chest 30 waist, looking for slim fit suits and shirts. I would like to check the sale rack, but I am also very keen on bespoke as well, looking for half canvas super 100 wool and two ply cotton respectively. Any recommendation for tailors to check with a good tradeoff on price/quality in brussels or Madrid? Looking for shirts <100 euro and bespoke suit at the ~500 euro price point

This is my first post here! I am looking forward to any recommendations that fit my descriptions above, and any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!
Joe

Brovsko

Reaction score
Can't speak on tailors but I would definitely check out both Meermin and Carmina in Madrid. The area where both stores are located has tons of very nice shops so I'm sure you can find a good suit around there as well. Walk around, pick out a few places that look interesting, and research afterwards or post in here.

Let us know how you make out and what you pick up!

- Brovsko

Cyclone141

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't looked into Meermin yet- I will check out the other threads on them and will for sure let you know how I do

Cyclone141

Reaction score
Bumping this one up- any bespoke tailors or highly regarded mts suits/shirts in my price point in Brx/Mad? Thanks guys

EUtroll

Reaction score
As for suits, you will need to go significantly higher in order to find a decent bespoke tailor/mtm.

Cyclone141

Reaction score
I was basing my estimate off of suit supply, which I would guess is on the low end- what would you see as "fair" price for a half canvas, 100's wool 2 button suit?

Maybe I will focus on the shoes and save the bespoke for 2017-2018

Cyclone141

Reaction score
Well thank you so much for the response. I ended up with a pair of wholecut marron oxfords from Carmina, single strap black monk shoes, and country calf boots from Meermin. How did I do?

Next year I will focus on the demi measure suits

Joe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads