• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Acot Chang Cuff Issue

atct86

Reaction score
I had a bunch of shirts made by Ascot Chang in 2009, and have never gotten around to asking why my cuffs are wrinkling like the picture below. Is this normal? (ignore the ironing crease). Other than this, they are the best made, and best fitting machine made shirts I have ever had. The buttons are much nicer than Borrelli, and the fabic choices were amazing.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Weird. It looks like the cuff tapers toward your wrist. If it is, maybe the resulting tension is causing the ripples.

Did they ever move the button to tighten the cuff?

atct86

Reaction score
The buttons have never been moved, but the cuffs do have double buttons.

lysandar

Reaction score
Fusible warping after 2 years of regular wear, wash and ironing?

I believe you meant "best fitting machine made shirts", btw.
biggrin.gif

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fusible warping after 2 years of regular wear, wash and ironing?

I believe you meant "best fitting machine made shirts", btw. :D

Having just checked the AC shirt I am wearing at this moment there is no fusible material in the cuff.

Last edited:

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ascot Chang has at least two types of fusible--one is rigid and the other is soft. In my experience (more than 24 shirts over the past 20 years) the more rigid one is prone to shrinkage and other issues, while the softer one is less so. I had some shirts with the stiffer fusible re-cuffed a couple of years ago using original measurements and it was amazing how much they had shrunk. Prior to getting the rework, I couldn't close the cuff over my watch, and now I have plenty of room for the same wristwatch.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C has more than 5 fusible, I think. You just didn't check it out.
They also has few more non fused canvas.
If the OP shirt is double buttons cuff, then may be one of the buttons placement is off.
Bring it to AC, they will fix it to you. They have very good customer service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads