• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A warning to anyone who wants a French F2 field jacket

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I didn't know what to make of the sizing system, but now that Luc has so kindly provided us with the info, I might go back and see if I can find any that are marked as long. If that works, I'll let you know.

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Um.. with underarm gussets for easy ... eh, nevermind. All in good fun, right France?
deadfrance.gif

I also hear that the jacket lining is white so you can turn it inside out and stick it on top of your rifle for easy...eh, nevermind.
deadhorse-a.gif

Seems like a great deal for under 40 bucks. On the Central California Supply site, it says that some of the jackets might not come with the two bottom pockets. It'd look pretty plain without those IMO.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd buy that in a second if I didn't just get two military and one military-ish (Greige) jackets.

turbozed

Reaction score
I got mine from California Central Supply. For $31 + shipping it's a great deal. That is until I saw this: http://www.rddusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=139 This ....this is a freakin steal. Thinkin of getting another one in black.
smile.gif
EDIT: Oh, I just tried checking out and they kinda get you on the shipping. $14.44 for ground. Still, $25 shipped is great. And if you buy one in Black and Olive Drab, it'll come out to be $17 for each. @_@ I can't imagine how these would be different than the one from Cal Central. Anyone order from here and can tell us?

Mr Sola

Reaction score
That can't be right. Less than $10 for a new?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that too. It seemed more than a little questionable, especially with the shipping gouging. It may be legitimate, but with the added problems with sizing, I don't really want to bother.

Metal Circus

Reaction score
I can vouch for RDD. Came really quick too, though I now realize I could I have just gone to their store in LA.

EDIT: I ordered a small and a medium, both used. I got a new 88cm medium sleeve-length and a used 104cm short sleeve length. But I'm happy with the 88cm, so I'm not complaining.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm. In that case, I will just wait until I move to California and pick up some stuff from them.

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I saw that too. It seemed more than a little questionable, especially with the shipping gouging.

The pictures that they provide on the site look like it came from a camera-phone as well. You can barely tell they're trying to sell an F2 with that green blob. Then again they are military surplus providers so I doubt many of their customers demand to know the fashion qualities of their items...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find any other French F2 jacket thread, so... Does anyone know where I could get a black F2? A dude I saw the other day was wearing a jacket that I could've sworn was an F2 in black, but I can't find any online.

Any advice? Thanks.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'd hard to find online because they've been getting kind of popular, but they definitely exist in black. Try RDD, maybe?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
So that's what the jacket i have is. It's not a vintage one. I think a modern company makes it. I forget where i got it. It's in black though. I like that green one, and that site has a used one for $20 which makes my wallet hide. What would i do with 2 identical jackets though? I'd feel silly wearing the black one then the green one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads