1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A warning to anyone who wants a French F2 field jacket

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Arethusa, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Senior member

That can't be right. Less than $10 for a new?

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I saw that too. It seemed more than a little questionable, especially with the shipping gouging. It may be legitimate, but with the added problems with sizing, I don't really want to bother.

3. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

I can vouch for RDD. Came really quick too, though I now realize I could I have just gone to their store in LA.

EDIT: I ordered a small and a medium, both used. I got a new 88cm medium sleeve-length and a used 104cm short sleeve length. But I'm happy with the 88cm, so I'm not complaining.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Hm. In that case, I will just wait until I move to California and pick up some stuff from them.

5. turbozed

turbozed Senior member

I saw that too. It seemed more than a little questionable, especially with the shipping gouging.

The pictures that they provide on the site look like it came from a camera-phone as well. You can barely tell they're trying to sell an F2 with that green blob. Then again they are military surplus providers so I doubt many of their customers demand to know the fashion qualities of their items...

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I couldn't find any other French F2 jacket thread, so... Does anyone know where I could get a black F2? A dude I saw the other day was wearing a jacket that I could've sworn was an F2 in black, but I can't find any online.

Any advice? Thanks.

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

They'd hard to find online because they've been getting kind of popular, but they definitely exist in black. Try RDD, maybe?

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

So that's what the jacket i have is. It's not a vintage one. I think a modern company makes it. I forget where i got it. It's in black though. I like that green one, and that site has a used one for $20 which makes my wallet hide. What would i do with 2 identical jackets though? I'd feel silly wearing the black one then the green one.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

can someone get some photos back up?

10. whodini

whodini Senior member

Hm. In that case, I will just wait until I move to California and pick up some stuff from them.
    Did you finally take wilson brother's advice?

11. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

Arethusa-

Don't you know that the guy [​IMG] always finds the golden surfboard [​IMG] to ride that perfect wave [​IMG] into the sunset?[​IMG]

I guess [​IMG] dreams don't always go as planned, [​IMG] but that shouldn't keep you from dreaming. [​IMG]

Give it another shot some day. [​IMG] I think you may find some good vibrations. [​IMG]

-Whodini

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

whodini- Please [​IMG] stop [​IMG] doing [​IMG] that [​IMG]. -I'm going to stab that guy.

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

whodini- Please [​IMG] stop [​IMG] doing [​IMG] that [​IMG]. -I'm going to stab that guy.
    [​IMG]

15. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Here's my M, I'm 5'10

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. whodini

whodini Senior member

Looks like a fine fit to me.

17. shoreman1782

Anyone have a source (RDD doesn't list it, and the person who answered their phone did not want to be bothered to understand)? The OD ones are relatively widely available now--there are even a few camo versions on ebay--but I can't seem to find black.

Other options are a Michael J. Krell jacket or something like this Barney's house label unlined M65-style jacket, which is still >$100 on sale. I don't want to spend too much, as a black cotton jacket is a very supplementary piece for me, and won't get worn that often. Ack, maybe I'll just save my money.

18. j

j Senior member Admin

19. shoreman1782

Thrice! I tried again, different guy said they still have the olive drab ones in stock, but no black. He also said they "overdyed them," but I have no idea what he was referring to.

20. Great Zamfir

Great Zamfir Member

I just discovered these jackets, and was thinking of buying one. However, i found some warnings that they run short. Does anyone have experience with the "long" versions, especially for the arms?
    I'm about 6'2", jacket size 40L,and I thought about the 104 long version

Thanks!