Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A warning to anyone who wants a French F2 field jacket

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Arethusa, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I didn't know what to make of the sizing system, but now that Luc has so kindly provided us with the info, I might go back and see if I can find any that are marked as long. If that works, I'll let you know.

2. turbozed

turbozed Senior member

Um.. with underarm gussets for easy ... eh, nevermind. All in good fun, right France? [​IMG]

I also hear that the jacket lining is white so you can turn it inside out and stick it on top of your rifle for easy...eh, nevermind. [​IMG]

Seems like a great deal for under 40 bucks. On the Central California Supply site, it says that some of the jackets might not come with the two bottom pockets. It'd look pretty plain without those IMO.

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I'd buy that in a second if I didn't just get two military and one military-ish (Greige) jackets.

4. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

I have an extra one (104 cm, used military surplus condition) if anyone's interested.

5. turbozed

turbozed Senior member

I got mine from California Central Supply. For $31 + shipping it's a great deal. That is until I saw this: http://www.rddusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=139 This ....this is a freakin steal. Thinkin of getting another one in black. [​IMG] EDIT: Oh, I just tried checking out and they kinda get you on the shipping. $14.44 for ground. Still, $25 shipped is great. And if you buy one in Black and Olive Drab, it'll come out to be $17 for each. @[email protected] I can't imagine how these would be different than the one from Cal Central. Anyone order from here and can tell us?

6. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Senior member

That can't be right. Less than $10 for a new?

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I saw that too. It seemed more than a little questionable, especially with the shipping gouging. It may be legitimate, but with the added problems with sizing, I don't really want to bother.

8. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

I can vouch for RDD. Came really quick too, though I now realize I could I have just gone to their store in LA.

EDIT: I ordered a small and a medium, both used. I got a new 88cm medium sleeve-length and a used 104cm short sleeve length. But I'm happy with the 88cm, so I'm not complaining.

9. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Hm. In that case, I will just wait until I move to California and pick up some stuff from them.

10. turbozed

turbozed Senior member

I saw that too. It seemed more than a little questionable, especially with the shipping gouging.

The pictures that they provide on the site look like it came from a camera-phone as well. You can barely tell they're trying to sell an F2 with that green blob. Then again they are military surplus providers so I doubt many of their customers demand to know the fashion qualities of their items...

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I couldn't find any other French F2 jacket thread, so... Does anyone know where I could get a black F2? A dude I saw the other day was wearing a jacket that I could've sworn was an F2 in black, but I can't find any online.

Any advice? Thanks.

12. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

They'd hard to find online because they've been getting kind of popular, but they definitely exist in black. Try RDD, maybe?

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

So that's what the jacket i have is. It's not a vintage one. I think a modern company makes it. I forget where i got it. It's in black though. I like that green one, and that site has a used one for $20 which makes my wallet hide. What would i do with 2 identical jackets though? I'd feel silly wearing the black one then the green one.

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

can someone get some photos back up?

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Hm. In that case, I will just wait until I move to California and pick up some stuff from them.
    Did you finally take wilson brother's advice?