• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A tribute: show your Sargents

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore mine yesterday:

20081203-3.jpg

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by walneal
DSCN4022.jpg

I like the punch caps at the bottom of the picture. What style/model are those? Do you know which last they are made on?

Originally Posted by Tarmac
dsc05502.jpg

^I got a (somewhat) similar pair of BB Peals last summer, though iirc, mine have 5 eyelets and a double sole.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have some pairs to show if the company had not been so completely assholish in their communications with me when I tried to get some information and order some shoes.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I would have some pairs to show if the company had not been so completely assholish in their communications with me when I tried to get some information and order some shoes.

Do tell!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine pictured are actual Sargent-branded, Bloomsbury model. I too thought they were the same as the BB model but I see now that BB has 5 eyelets and not 6. But the other details sound similar: channeled sole, nearly double-leather thickness (may well be double leather).

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Tarmac,are these still available at BB?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...t_color=Black#

these look very similar.

forex, those appear to be the black version of the brown ones I picked up from BB. My brown ones were incorrectly listed as cap toe bluchers on BB's website. Several members had noticed that the description didn't match the picture; I had to e-mail them to make sure I'd get bals as pictured.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Do tell!
Long story short: I see a pair of shoes at 16 sur 20 that I like but don't buy, two months later I go back and want to buy them, they don't have my size and tell me to contact AS directly since they're not planning on re-ordering, I do so, after sending three whassup emails I finally get a stand-offish response from AS saying you cannot order this shoe as it is an exclusive design for 16 sur 20, i say well they sent me to you, they say thanks but no thanks, pls order through 16 sur 20, I call 16 sur 20 and they say no we won't re-order them, go directly to AS, I email AS to tell them so and they tell me no, go away and stop bothering us.

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Josef Seibel
123053ak0.jpg

123132xx2.jpg

123454jy7.jpg

If I see your pics sooner, I would have ordered from the cleareance
plain.gif

Originally Posted by Star
Nice however I do have one question which may sound silly......is buying shoes meant to be like stamp collecting?
No, to me is like meeting a new friend
blush.gif

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Walneal - Those two tone three eyelets are fantastic! I'd love to find a pair.

I have one pair of Sargents that I bought from John Rushton in London that are some of my favorite shoes. A dark brown suede with light brown stitching. Simple and elegant. In fact, I may wear them today!

Also, does anyone know where to get Sargent shoes that are UK D (narrow) widths? I can't seem to find any on Pediwear, Shoes International, etc. If they make them for a certain label I'd be happy to hear which. Thanks for your help.

Thanks! Thats a MTO with fancy sole!
They are good match with my jeans

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FreedBird
Have you ever worn any of these shoes?
I did wear both two tone Boots and Derbies........once?

Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
DSCN4022.jpg

Those shoe 'trees' look strangely sexual :-s

Always want to get a pair of epic shoe trees but trees in HK are too expensive and no way there will be a discount

Originally Posted by Eccentric
Those jodhpurs...
inlove.gif

Thanks! I love Jodphurs and always trying to find on in Tan/Caramel/Band-aid

Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
I like the punch caps at the bottom of the picture. What style/model are those? Do you know which last they are made on?

^I got a (somewhat) similar pair of BB Peals last summer, though iirc, mine have 5 eyelets and a double sole.

They are The City Brogue with Autumn Brown Calf, Pediwear has some similar models IRRC.
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/sargent/products/470.php
this is the exact model with a medallion i believe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics