• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Short Review of Brave Star's Glory Days 20oz Heavyweight Fleece Sweatpants

FashionFlunky

Reaction score
PXL_20220131_232154697.jpg
PXL_20220131_232234689.jpg

Brave Star Glory Days 20 oz Joggers, Size Small -- shown in heather grey
Champion Reverse Weave 12 oz Joggers, Size Small -- shown in black

"Our advertising is not misleading. Insisting that it is without providing proof doesn't make it misleading. No where do we state that our knits are weighed by the sq. yd. If we stated 20oz sq. yd, that would be misleading. With that being said, our store policy is for store credit only."
-- Greg of Brave Star

FashionFlunky

Reaction score
Playing it tight and straight up lying/misleading your customers are two different things. Did you read the emails? He's saying that the 20 oz doesn't represent the fabric density, but the overall weight of the garment. It's a total joke. Here was one response in a different forum:

Honestly I think this company is hurting financially. They hardly release anything. When they do it's only in 1 or 2 of their 5 fits, and from the reviews I've seen their quality is decreasing. I hope the jeans I ordered a few weeks ago arrive without an issue. In my experience the quality has been the same as naked and famous' lower priced stuff.

Also. I have spent almost 15 years in the textile and garment industry. NOBODY I MEAN NOBODY weighs a finished garment to come up with fabric weight. If that was the case why not just make a 50XL and say the fabric is 1000 oz. Unless they are measuring grams per sq meter or OZ per square yard they're probably full of ****. This goes for any brand regardless of price range and renown.

FashionFlunky

Reaction score
Another response:

"So the clothing itself weighs 20oz, not the fabric by the yard like every other company in the raw denim industry weighs? Ain't that some ****. I bought the 20oz hoodie last year and when I got it the first thing said to myself was "wow, I really thought a 20oz hoodie would be thicker than this".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads