• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How does one generally get a hold of David to talk about they want to place an order? PM? company email?

Good evening MKtitsworth,

As In Stitches mentioned email is best: http://[email protected]

And I am very relaxed and happy to answer your questions about how to make a tie that works well for you. Mainly I listen and ask questions trying to have your tie end up with your vision but my practical advice.

Our workshop is typically open 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday) from 8 to 430 (Thai time zone) although I will often be in my office working late at night or early in the morning so that I can answer questions for the American time zone.

I look forward to hearing from you - please ask as many questions as you like.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This fabric is a CLASSIC of silk weaving from a historic standpoint. It's a bit hard to use in Men's attire to the western eye. The more subtle color combinations among them are no less stunning than the very bright ones and I are easier to wear.

I get this fabric as samples for use on furnishings and sometimes pop a sample into my jacket pocket as a square. :embar:

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Thanks David123. The order will be made, but if you have a chance to snap a pic in the coming days I'd appreciate it.

Stitch - the prodding is unnecessary :nodding:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
G/f just texed me and said that a really awesome looking package just came from thailand for me.

I know what it is! :slayer:

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Stiches -- how wide are these ties? They look about 3" - 3.25"?
Hello all. I recently purchased a few ties from Sam Hober. A burn orange cashmere, a green grenadine and an english pattern silk. I just wanted to give a public thank you to the Sam Hober company and to David. Their ties are magnificent and of top tier quality, but more importantly their service is second to none. David is an absolute pleasue to work with. He will patiently and without pressure answer any and all questions you have untill you are ready to make your decision. He treats a one timer with the same care as a corporate client who may buy a hundred ties at at a time. If you are considering making a purchase from them go for it, you will thank me later. Here are the ties.
2011-05-09_20-40-38_390.jpg
2011-05-23_19-44-24_962.jpg
and thanks to spoo for recommening I give them a shot, this is the later part where I thank you.
wink.gif
Please feel free to post pics of your Hober ties as well, the more the more the merrier.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In Stiches -- how wide are these ties? They look about 3" - 3.25"?

sorry for the delayed response. they are all 3 and 5/8 inches wide. they are neither very skinny nor very wide imo, works very well for me as im not exactly a skinny minnie.

david however, can make them any width you like.

Last edited:

rs232

Reaction score

I think I need a new tie to wear with suit in formal and "dressy" events. I've been using silver satin tie which is the most appropriate choice for that kind of events but now I want something different. So, do you think Sam Hober silver/gray grenadines are formal enough for my purposes? Which one would you choose if you were me? At the moment I think garza fine would be better, since it's more subtle but still has an interesting texture.

As an owner of a non-Hober all-grey garza fina, I'd definitely want a bit white/silver in there. The grey just doesn't refract enough light unless in sunlight. The Hober grey grenadine has two types of grey (dark/light) in the weave, so if you do pull the trigger, don't for get to post pics (sans flash).

Hober garza fina:
Grenadine-necktie-GFT21m.jpg

Pic of a hober garza grossa for reference:
hpim0014qn3.jpg

Tommi

Reaction score
^ Thanks for the picture and opinion. I ordered a garza grossa tie already and I'm quite sure that I made the right decision. Can't wait!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^ Thanks for the picture and opinion. I ordered a garza grossa tie already and I'm quite sure that I made the right decision. Can't wait!

if you made an order with hober you have made the right decision.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks David. Now here's my (getting) hairy neck:

4f0eb53e.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads