• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

cl smooth

Reaction score
I ordered on the 16th as well, got my confirmation email immediately, but haven't heard any shipping confirmation since then... WTF apc. has anyone else ordered online and gotten a ship notification yet?

jwkicks

Reaction score
I ordered the day the sale started and yesterday got everything but a coat I had ordered. The invoice just said "unshipped" on the coat, and my CC wasn't charged for it. Sent an email, no reply yet, but pretty sure, I'm not going to get the coat.

thomasec

Reaction score
So here's what I did, and hopefully it will help you guys out. Call their NY Store at 212-966-9685, and when you get to the recording press 3 (which I believe is "web orders).

The lady I spoke to checked the stock for me in the physical store, managed to find what I was looking for, and rang me up right over the phone.

Hopefully me jacket will be here within a few days.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed an order on the 16th, immediately got the automated order confirmation, then the processing email later that day. On the 21st I got my shipping tracking code.
smile.gif
Black derbies and that skier sweater are on the way

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Requisite fit question.

Looking to buy a pair of either NS or PS. I am thinking PS because I am built pretty small (5'2", 125lbs). I am currently wearing a pair Gap skinny selvedge/raw jeans in size 28, but given vanity sizing I think I am a true 29.

I want a slim, but not skinny fit. Should I be sizing to a 28 or 27?

halisray

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I plan to kop some APCs in 2011 just because I've worn my Nudies for the past 6 months and my Naked and Famous as well... plus I've always wanted a pair of APC because they are sick looking.

I know relatively nothing about them though.
If I sized 31 in a Nudie Slim Jim Dry Broken Twill and a 30 in Naked and Famous Weird Guys, what size should I get for APC? I like slim jeans but I don't want them skin tight like the Thin Finns or the N&F Skinny Guys.. so what fit should I get for APC and what size?

I'm looking at the Petit Standards but I don't want them tight.. I have big legs from cycling and after trying on a tight pair of jeans (Nudie Grim Tims) they felt quite uncomfortable.

So are Petit Standards too skinny, therefore going with NS? Or would the PS be satisfactory?

For reference I am 6 foot, 158lbs.

Cheers

Blenheimer

Reaction score
I have similar measurements and I got my PS in 32 i.e the same size as my Slim Jims Japan and Broken Twill. Could hardly close top button at the start. I have been wearing them regularly for more than a year now and they are very comfy while still looking pretty slim. My old NS (also in 32) feels pretty baggy in comparison (it also felt pretty tight at the beginning)

halisray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blenheimer
I have similar measurements and I got my PS in 32 i.e the same size as my Slim Jims Japan and Broken Twill. Could hardly close top button at the start. I have been wearing them regularly for more than a year now and they are very comfy while still looking pretty slim. My old NS (also in 32) feels pretty baggy in comparison (it also felt pretty tight at the beginning)

Great, so I'll get the PS at 31 then.
So they are basically the same sort of size to SJDBTs huh.. like leg opening and everything? Because I don't like jeans hugging my calves like the Grim Tims or skinnier you know.. cyclist legs @_@

Blenheimer

Reaction score
I would say that PS are slightly slimmer than SJ in terms of fit and looks but - after a while - they prove as comfortable to wear even if you tend to be muscular on the legs side. Grim Tim is definitely one step further on the skinny scale, you are right. I don't think you can really go wrong in picking up a PS in your SJ size. NS in 31 would end up as a rather relaxed fit after a while.

blake347

Reaction score
hey, I've been wearing Slim Jim 27x32 for a while, and I think they fit perfectly for me. My main problem with previous jeans was that I have bigger than usual thighs, so the thigh area always stretched out a ton and it ended up looking terrible. I was thinking of getting new cures/petite standards, BUT when I checked the measurements it actually says the New Standard is the tightest in thighs, and has a larger leg opening (similar to the straight leg look of the Slim Jim i'm looking for, because tapered makes my thighs look ever bigger). Is this right? I don't know which one to get now :/ http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...A.P.C.%20Denim

Epik

Reaction score
Anyone else have their stitching come undone here and there while breaking in your APCs?

I've worn them hard for 3 days and a spot on the left leg has come undone as well as a few threads at the crotch.

Makes my Rag & Bones look like divine unbreakable armor.

kojnglsmith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epik
Anyone else have their stitching come undone here and there while breaking in your APCs?

I've worn them hard for 3 days and a spot on the left leg has come undone as well as a few threads at the crotch.

Makes my Rag & Bones look like divine unbreakable armor.

Yes!! Exact same issue. Returned the first pair and got them replaced after the inseam stitching came undone. Have the second pair now and although they seem better the stitching on the inside of the hem is clearly coming undone....would love to figure out what's up if anyone has any ideas

tehbry

Reaction score
I've searched the thread, but didn't come up with any posts:

Where are the best places to purchase APC jeans online? Context? APC.us store? Pro tips would be helpful.

Secondly, is the consensus to size down 2? 31" actualy waist here.

Danke.

enyaw

Reaction score
hey guys got a question. my true size is about 31", I tried on the 29" PS at a store it fits perfectly except the waist which im struggling to button the top 3. should i just buy it and try to stretch it till i can hold em perfect?

really liked the PS fit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads