• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

90's fashion fad

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If the phone is small enough you can tuck it into the fifth pocket on your jeans (provided you are wearing jeans.) That's what I do...

bryce330

Reaction score
Puffy windbreaker jackets with massive 'TOMMY' logo on the back.
What about the puffy black North Face jackets?  It seemed like every girl at my college had one, as well as many of the guys.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
Wearing suit and other patterned vests with jeans and t-shirts. Think Beverly Hills 90210.

Just awful - I didn't buy into that one even when it was en vogue.

BjornH

Reaction score
Oh yes, I remember these. I had a number of odd vests and used them alot - seemed like a good idea at the time.

Pastel coloured shirts came into vogue for a year or two. I was a bit tempted although I didn't go for them.

On the PDA matter, I have an Ericson P900 and have been forced to use a belt clip most of the time. It's really too bulky for a jacket's inside pocket. It looks awfull but I'm stuck with this phone for the next few months so I'll have to make the best of it.

B

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great thread. Definitely have to agree with the following:

1) Grunge look. Flannel shirts and jeans. I was a huge A&F fan from about '93 to '95, just as I was wrapping up college. Still have the flannels, and I still wear them kicking around on the weekends sometimes. A&F had good quality back then, but went suddenly downhill about the middle of the decade.

2) 90210 look. Never really participated in that. The character Chandler on Friends appears to be still into that look.

3) From my time on Wall Street, the slicked back hair look was big. Went through tons of hair goop on that one.

4) The dot com look had its roots in the nineties. Suit with a black turtleneck being the classic there for the upper echelon of dot commies and VCs. I have to confess I still pull that look out of the wardrobe every now and then.

M#4

adirondaki

Reaction score
doesn't "casual business attire" count? And the rise of the dark merino wool polo shirt/sweater with white t-shirt underneath?

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was recently reported that the Grunge look was actually a conspiracy instigated by ugly people to make the attractive look so terrible that the genetically challenged would have a better chance to steal our women. Do not fall for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads