5ep authentic cut

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BourbonAndPeanuts, Sep 14, 2006.

1. BourbonAndPeanuts

BourbonAndPeanuts Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any information on 5ep authentic cut jeans? I've heard about the straight down and the low down bootcut but this one's new to me.

2. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

I've received a pair in the vintage wash today. They are heavily distressed, but that'll make for a change from the usual pair of unwashed raw that I wear.

The rise is lower than on the straight cut (which is basically a 1947 repro). I find the fit to be more flaterring to my butt than the 1947's (of which I own a repro, though not by 5EP).

The denim is soft, they are a bit loose on me compared to the 1947, though I went for a size bigger. I'd like them a bit slimmer, but other than that the fit is nice.

3. BourbonAndPeanuts

BourbonAndPeanuts Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm thinking of getting a pair of 5ep's but I really don't need another pair of jeans. If I do get them, I'm pretty sure I'll go for the straight cut. Is the leg on the authentics tapered at all?

4. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

If the question you are asking is if it is slimmer at the hem than on the thigh, then yes. Below the knee, though, its a straight cut. I'd say that the silhouette is slim, but its not a 'tight' fit.

Well, yeah, I had ordered some Dark Worns in the Straight Cut originally but then changed my mind as I already had a 1947's repro, as I said. I'm sure that its a great jean.

I do like the distressing on the vintage authentic fit though, there's a nice 3D effect and the honeycombs are spot on for me so its a plus. I'm used to heavier, stiffier denim though, but I've been spoiled I guess. [​IMG]