• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 items the stylish man should NOT own

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, so far the item that gets the most mention are Crocs. Why on earth are they so popular when they look so absurdedly ugly? I mean, they're comfortable, but there are plenty of comfortable shoes out there that don't look like that.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crocs are disturbing prevalent amongst America's populace. I've no wish to see crusty feet in rubbery abortions, but apparently the majority think otherwise.

I can only assume that the hideous things suit most people's sensibilities of cheap, easy and convenient, which frankly, are not really things to be proud of.

Corinthian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by babygreenspots
I've done much worse.

Five things I have owned and worn:

1. A canary yellow low double-breasted suit.

2. Square-toed Fake snakeskin shoes

3. A gray tie with a yellow Chinese-style dragon embroidered on it

4. Girlfriend's vintage, rather shrunken, polyester shirt with a six inch collar

5. Bright yellow plastic frame sunglasses to match the above suit

Did you ever wear that little ensemble together? Sounds like quite the get-up!

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeech. Where I come from, crocs aren't even that cheap.

Originally Posted by Corinthian
Did you ever wear that little ensemble together? Sounds like quite the get-up!

thanks for the imagery, my mental eyes will never be the same again.

Frittata

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
2. shoes in any color other than brown, black or white
antique burgundy
bounce2.gif

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Crocs are disturbing prevalent amongst America's populace. I've no wish to see crusty feet in rubbery abortions, but apparently the majority think otherwise.

I can only assume that the hideous things suit most people's sensibilities of cheap, easy and convenient, which frankly, are not really things to be proud of.

haha, I have been defending crocs as much as I can, but yah, I hear ya. Listen, if I was a rich man, I would send you a pair, wait a week, then see how you feel. So far everyone who has a pair loves em'. Different strokes for different folks, but I love mine. They are black, and I have a pair for summer and a furry pair for winter. I wear them around the house, to get the mail, etc... in the summer I wear them when I am washing my car, mowing my lawn, working on my car, etc. Yeah, I try to not wear them in public too much, but its happened.

Plus if you dont like 'crusty feet' what about flip-flops, or any sandals for that matter. Dont get me started on teva's (which should be on the list), or any leather strappy sandal.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Corinthian
OK, we've all read the 5 items any stylish man should own thread. But for some fun how about 5 things the stylish man should not own?

Here are 5 to start you off:

1. A leather waistcoat
2. A knock-off watch
3. 4 button (or more) jacket
4. Dayglow socks (remember those?)
5. Piano key tie

This is going to be controversial and being new here I know I'm setting myself up for being ostracised but what the hell!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

My leather waistcoat used to be my favourite piece of clothing, worn almost daily. I took it off for my first job interview, but started wearing it again once I had the job... and once I had seen that my boss also used to wear one!

For some reason, now I have not used it for years... still, I do not want to give it away to charity...

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
My leather waistcoat used to be my favourite piece of clothing, worn almost daily. I took it off for my first job interview, but started wearing it again once I had the job... and once I had seen that my boss also used to wear one!

For some reason, now I have not used it for years... still, I do not want to give it away to charity...

Were you working in a biker bar?

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
Plus if you dont like 'crusty feet' what about flip-flops, or any sandals for that matter. Dont get me started on teva's (which should be on the list), or any leather strappy sandal.
Ummm, what's wrong with leather sandals? Sure, one may have to go to a salon to get his feet scrubbed and a pedicure, but there is nothing more comfortable in the Florida summer heat than a pair of thin leather sandals (e.g., JV, BV).

hellabella

Reaction score
1-sandals i refer to the ... where your feet stick out, hairs, ugly toes... and if your toes are clean and well pedicured, it therefore looks too neat/ sissy. Paired with even say PLRL beige shorts with polo shirt... hrmm

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hellabella
1-sandals i refer to the ... where your feet stick out, hairs, ugly toes... and if your toes are clean and well pedicured, it therefore looks too neat/ sissy. Paired with even say PLRL beige shorts with polo shirt... hrmm
What's wrong with looking too neat? And sissy, wtf? This isn't a forum for rugged men who wear Timberland boots. Unbelievable.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by babygreenspots
I've done much worse.

Five things I have owned and worn, that no man should ever own or wear:

1. A canary yellow low double-breasted suit.

2. Square-toed Fake snakeskin shoes

3. A gray tie with a yellow Chinese-style dragon embroidered on it

4. Girlfriend's vintage, rather shrunken, polyester shirt with a six inch collar

5. Bright yellow plastic frame sunglasses to match the above suit

crackup[1].gif
I'd love to see a pic of this

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
^ SF rule #1002: don't trust your female friends when it comes to men's clothing.

Exhibit #1:

That's a staple of the Mod (very stylish people, in general) subculture. One of the better put together members here (IMO), Get Smart dresses like that every day. Check out Streetwear & Denim WAWYN thread for his outfits.

Who you calling "dork"?
818pichj8.jpg

teacha.gif

More proof that you can wear anything if you have panache. In other words, rules are meaningless.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing

Honestly I wore crocks back in 2003 before anybody had ever heard of them. I'd never seen anyone in them and got all sorts of ridicule for wearing them. I lost one and a year later everybody and their mom had them.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
healthketo577