• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New 3sixteen+ Jeans - Made in Japan The third in a series of releases by 3sixteen+ we bring you a set of jeans which are fully created in Japan. The denim and all hardware on these jeans was produced exactly to the specs of 3sixteen+ in Ibara City (Okayama Prefecture) by Kuroki. Kuroki is one of Japan's oldest mills and dye houses which specializes in combining vintage methods of dying and weaving but updating them in heavier styles and pushing the boundaries of weave patterns. Working together with Kuroki, 3sixteen+ has come up with two new denim styles which we think will impress even the most seasoned Japanese denim fans. There are two silhouettes, a straight leg and a slim tapered fit, both available in 18oz unsanforized indigo or black selvedge denim. All four of these jeans are available now at SESF and in our online store, SELA and SENY will have these in stock on Saturday May 14th. Check the product pages in our online store for hi-res photos, measurements, and more specs and info than you could possibly ever want for a jean. https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=87 3sixteen+ 11BSP - Straight Leg Indigo
316_11bsp_01.jpg
3sixteen+ 711BSP - Straight Leg Black
316_711bsp_01.jpg
3sixteen+ 21BSP - Slim Tapered Indigo
316_21bsp_01.jpg
3sixteen+ 721BSP - Slim Tapered Black
316_721bsp_01.jpg
Indigo Selvedge Denim Details
316_11bsp_03.jpg
316_11bsp_04.jpg
316_11bsp_05.jpg
316_11bsp_07.jpg
Black Selvedge Denim Details
316_711bsp_03.jpg
316_711bsp_05.jpg
316_711bsp_07.jpg
316_711bsp_08.jpg

Guyute

Reaction score
With all the new developments in the denim line, I hesitate to even give this update!

SL-100 in rotation for ~13 months, 6 months effective wear, no wash.

2ntzrrm.jpg

4tsx9u.jpg

sgs3nb.jpg

ao74m8.jpg

k01v0y.jpg

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of their grey pairs that they've worn for a while? I know the aging is probably subtle given the color, but im interested to see how they turn out. Thanks.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen:
7993001.6b.JPG

3sixteen's long awaited new denim production has finally arrived, and it has been worth the wait! With this season's production, 3sixteen is introducing a new fabric which has been custom designed and made in Okayama, Japan which is exclusive to 3sixteen. There are also many small upgrades which combined with the slim silhouettes makes 3sixteen's new denim one of the best USA made slim fit denims on the market.

7993001.13b.JPG

3sixteen's new denim is made with a 14.5oz high slub selvedge denim woven in Okayama, Japan which has been sanforized, skewed, and singed. Though the fabrics has been singed, it is still not heavily processed and the surface will have a hairiness and slub. What we like about it is that to the untrained eye, it looks clean and uniform (so it functions well as a dressier jean), but for someone who knows what they are looking for, they'll be able to spot some interesting facets about the textile.

3sixteen Slim Straight 14.5oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo - Model SL-100x - $195
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7993000
- Fabric is sanforized, expect minimal shrinkage
- 100% cotton
- Tanner 3mm thick leather patch
- Chainstiched hems and waistband
- Belt loops sewn into the waist band
- Gun metal finish custom engraved rivets and buttons
- Red and white selvedge
- Hidden selvedge coin pocket
- Selvedge detail along button fly
- Fabric made in Japan, denim sewn in USA
- Sizes 28-34,36
7993000.1b.JPG
7993000.2b.JPG

7993000.3b.JPG
7993001.7b.JPG

3sixteen Slim Tapered 14.5oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo - Model ST-100x - $195
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7993001
- Fabric is sanforized, expect minimal shrinkage
- 100% cotton
- Tanner 3mm thick leather patch
- Chainstiched hems and waistband
- Belt loops sewn into the waist band
- Gun metal finish custom engraved rivets and buttons
- Red and white selvedge
- Hidden selvedge coin pocket
- Selvedge detail along button fly
- Fabric made in Japan, denim sewn in USA
- Sizes 28-34,36
7993001.1b.JPG
7993001.2b.JPG

7993001.3b.JPG
7993001.4b.JPG

More details are on our recent blog post http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...-selvedge.html.

phxsuns13

Reaction score
Did all of the stores get restocked with the new denim or was it just Blueowl?

I noticed that 3sixteen's website and Selfedge both got restocked but they don't mention if it is the new denim or not.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxsuns13
Did all of the stores get restocked with the new denim or was it just Blueowl?

I noticed that 3sixteen's website and Selfedge both got restocked but they don't mention if it is the new denim or not.

Yup, all stores now have the new denim including Self Edge and 3sixteen's own webstore.

david123

Reaction score
I was about to order them along with a couple other things at Revolve (http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...ct=3SIX-MJ4&c=). Are those the new ones as well? I was just confused because the measurements on the BlueOwl site look perfect but Revolve says "15" in the knee narrows to 14" at the leg opening", which would not be great for me. Thanks! They look great. BTW, I think your link to the slim tapered is wrong and should end in 301.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
I was about to order them along with a couple other things at Revolve (http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...ct=3SIX-MJ4&c=). Are those the new ones as well? I was just confused because the measurements on the BlueOwl site look perfect but Revolve says "15" in the knee narrows to 14" at the leg opening", which would not be great for me. Thanks! They look great. BTW, I think your link to the slim tapered is wrong and should end in 301.

We have current measurements up on our site here:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=82

james nicolas

Reaction score
do the new ST-100x's have different measurements? or how did blue owl, 3sixteen, and self edge wind up with such different measurements for knee and leg opening?

Size 33

.......................Self Edge.................Blue Owl.................3sixteen
Waist.................34.............................34.........................34.5...
Thigh................11.6...........................12...........................12....
Inseam..............36.............................37...........................36....
Knee.................7.6............................8.5............................8.....
Leg Opening.....7.5...........................8.25..........................7.9...

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james nicolas
do the new ST-100x's have different measurements? or how did blue owl, 3sixteen, and self edge wind up with such different measurements for knee and leg opening?

Size 33

.......................Self Edge.................Blue Owl.................3sixteen
Waist.................34.............................34.........................34.5...
Thigh................11.6...........................12...........................12....
Inseam..............36.............................37...........................36....
Knee.................7.6............................8.5............................8.....
Leg Opening.....7.5...........................8.25..........................7.9...

I just double checked our measurements on 2 different size 33 and they are both identical of what is posted above. Kiya may use a different way of measuring than we do. We probably measure a bit higher in the knee than they do. We measure 13" down the inseam, but I am not sure why their leg opening is so different. It is a new production and the fit could have been altered slightly. Maybe their posted measurements are previous season? All I know is that our measurements are accurate to the stock that we currently have. I could see the leg opening shrinking down a touch when more roping settles in from the chainstich, but right now it is 8.25". It could reach 8" with roping, wouldn't expect less than that.

phxsuns13

Reaction score
How much does the waist stretch on the SL-100x?

According to Self Edge, it stretches up to 1.5", so would that mean that if I am a measured 34, I should get a 32 (since it measures a 33" waist)?

Also, I would have to shorten the inseam to about 34.5". Would that make the leg opening even bigger? Blue Owl has the leg opening at 8.25", so if I did get the inseam shortened wouldn't the leg opening be even bigger? My current jeans have a larger leg opening and I'm looking for jeans with a smaller one, but I still need more room in the thighs and knees since I have bigger thighs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads