• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30 Rock - best sitcom since Arrested Development?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this show because it has a great ensemble. Tracy Jordan, the sometimes ignorant, sometimes surprisingly lucid washed-up comedian, Jack the overly-ambitious CEO, and Kenneth the weirdo page.

Am I the only person who thinks this show is great?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first two episodes were pretty shaky (but pretty much all series are like that as they try to find their footing.)

Jack Donaghy sounds like he could be a SF'er

"Liz Lemon: Why are you wearing a tux?
Jack: It's after 6 o'clock Lemon. What am I, a farmer? "

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Not better than AD; but, very good.

I just bought Season 1 last week and have already watched it nearly 2x.

Alec Baldwin is amazing in it.

Tracy Morgan/Jordan I actually think is pretty hit or miss in what is funny.

"I don't believe in one way streets....not with people and not when I'm driving."

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The Rural Juror was hilarious.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose it is. Though I put AD in the pantheon of the greatest sitcoms of all time while 30 Rock has a ways to go before it gets there.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The Rural Juror was hilarious.

"She plays a lawyer named Constance Justice."

I think it's a fantastic show, but a little more conventional than AD. I wouldn't want to have to choose between the two.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alec Baldwin is great in it, Tracy Morgan has his moments too, but overall it was a disappointment to me.

Tina Fey is a terrible actress imo, something about her expression always reminds you shes acting, and a lot of the "jokes" are pretty lame.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Look at you Kenneth Ellen from Stone Mountain, Georgia with your cheap loafers and your Page jacket....you'll always be a pig farmer's boy.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Someone told me that Alec Baldwin may leave the show, that would not be good. I think the only person who could replace him and keep with the same "type" of boss he plays is Shatner.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better than AD!? Thats as close to blasphemy as you can get.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Office is still better than 30rock, and neither touches AD yet, but 30rock has its moments. Of course, the Office seems to have run out of ideas...

Tina Fey is almost Norm MacDonald like sometimes, but then again I think Norm MacDonald can be great.

Tracy Jordan: "Stop eating people's old French fries, pigeon. Have some self-respect. Don't you know you can fly?"

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
30 Rock is the best network comedy on tv now. I think it was teetering on not making it to season 2 but it survived.

I loved the episode where they had the spinning swastikas at the end.

Tina Fey is hot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads