• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about this? It may be a little big since it says the band is 18 mm wide, but it sells for $17.99 at Amazon.
satisfied.gif

41iIKtVt5kL.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Millimeters and centimeters are different things, by a factor of 10. Don't get upset because people don't believe your wrist is 14 millimeters around. Unless you are a fetus - in which case I don't know why you need a watch - you are wrong.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really do think for watches, you need to look around the shops and tried it on your wrist

However, if you can't or reluctant to do that, get a Rolex submariner, they are not that expensive and good investment which last for a long time.

TBH, you want to buy a watch which last you a life time, it should be an investment and a sub isn't really that expensive.

alternatively look at the airking from the same brand, classic look and will last lst you a long long time

p.s. My first rolex was hand down from my grandfather, apparently his dad brought it and it is still working atm, I am talking about at least 80 years of history in that piece

kasakka

Reaction score
And I thought I had ridiculously skinny wrists...

You can remove links on most metal bands. Some require tools but the easiest way is to simply go to any watch store and ask them to adjust it for you. It costs very little if anything at all and it's a one time job anyway. Just stash the removed links in case you end up selling the watch some day.

IMO 3000+ euro watches are not a good investment nor cheap. There are plenty of nice watches that cost several grands less. I guess it depends on how much you make...

violethour1951

Reaction score
And I thought I had ridiculously skinny wrists...
You can remove links on most metal bands. Some require tools but the easiest way is to simply go to any watch store and ask them to adjust it for you. It costs very little if anything at all and it's a one time job anyway. Just stash the removed links in case you end up selling the watch some day.
IMO 3000+ euro watches are not a good investment nor cheap. There are plenty of nice watches that cost several grands less. I guess it depends on how much you make...

This. You probably just need a few links taken out to fit your wrist.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really do think for watches, you need to look around the shops and tried it on your wrist
However, if you can't or reluctant to do that, get a Rolex submariner, they are not that expensive and good investment which last for a long time.
TBH, you want to buy a watch which last you a life time, it should be an investment and a sub isn't really that expensive.
alternatively look at the airking from the same brand, classic look and will last lst you a long long time
p.s. My first rolex was hand down from my grandfather, apparently his dad brought it and it is still working atm, I am talking about at least 80 years of history in that piece

Um, a $6k watch for a 21 year old who is looking for a cheap watch?

really?

No, its not a patek phillipe or Lange & sohne, but its still $6k, which for many people is a bloody expensive watch.

If the guy wants an automatic, I'd look towards a hamilton.

Stephenhdmrs

Reaction score
Go vintage. All of the name brands can be had for hundreds of dollars and their quality can rival what their current line is. A lot of them have moved to cheap movements instead of in-house. Buy a watch from their glory days. The good thing about vintage is they are smaller in size. It should fit nicely and be a very nice watch still. Or go look at women's watches. It is a serious suggestion. All fine watch makers make watches for women and will fit your wrist.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Um, a $6k watch for a 21 year old who is looking for a cheap watch?
really?
No, its not a patek phillipe or Lange & sohne, but its still $6k, which for many people is a bloody expensive watch.
If the guy wants an automatic, I'd look towards a hamilton.

really?

I am in university at the moment, I will only consider buying a watch, a piece which will last you for the rest of your life, should be the most expensive item you owned.

I manage to save up from my pocket money plus part time job, it is not unreachable.... I had a couple of rolex

If you live in HK, it seems a good watch is pretty much a necessity.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

really?
I am in university at the moment, I will only consider buying a watch, a piece which will last you for the rest of your life, should be the most expensive item you owned.
I manage to save up from my pocket money plus part time job, it is not unreachable.... I had a couple of rolex
If you live in HK, it seems a good watch is pretty much a necessity.

Look, I have a black/ss submariner as well and I think its great, but this guy specifically stated he did not have a lot of money to spend.

someone would need to earn about $10k gross to afford a new sub....That will definitely cut into the vast majority of the earnings of a part time job.

Not to mention, not everyone wants a watch to wear forever and some people don't want to spend that much because watches aren't that important to them.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

watches aren't that important to them.

Congrats on the black sub, excellent watch and usable in every situation

but if people don't care about watch why bother buying one, you can easily look for the time in your phone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads