• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

21st century women can be difficult

rexthedestroyer

Reaction score
Funny, my coworkers sisters sounds just like the OPs wife, but worse. The coworkers sister had an affair. Talk about disaster!

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rexthedestroyer
The best device ever created to keep our house cleaned was dads belt! All mom would have to say is "Rex, you better clean up your room before your father comes home." That was motivation enough for us to keep the home in shape. Nannies?, come on.
I get what you're saying but I remember my father telling my Mom that if my brother or I were bad then she needed to try and handle it before he got home. My Dad didn't want his kids to be terrified of when he would walk in the door. Thinks like bad report cards or putting a big dent in the side of Mom's car were a different story. You knew the crap storm was coming. And after hearing all the stories about the different wives in this thread it make me realize what a gem I have in the wife department.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rexthedestroyer
The best device ever created to keep our house cleaned was dads belt! All mom would have to say is "Rex, you better clean up your room before your ffather comes home." That was motivation enough for us to keep the home in shape.

Wait-Tlll-Your-Father-Gets-Home.jpg

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
If you think this one through, you'll come to the opposite conclusion.
If you spend more time philandering you get to spend less time dealing with her irrationality? Admittedly, that would work, but it kind of defeats the purpose.

disrespekt

Reaction score
My mom was lazy as hell and still managed to cook dinner and take care of two kids.

When the OP talks to his wife, dude, make SURE that you bring up how your mom used to do it; that will get the conversation going in a great direction. LOL

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
youre not comfortable telling her what bothers you let alone change it, yet somehow shes capable of enforcing everything she wants

she pulls the modern woman card but doesnt work

she doesnt work yet doesnt do much of anything either.

the one thing she does partake in, you have to do as well when ur borderline dying

I dont know how much u can change the dynamics now even if you do decide to do so. But i wouldnt put up with this **** if i was you

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In most Western countries, women are more educated and more politically involved, and this in the future translates to higher financial security for them. Their more traditional role as stay at home Mum will not make sense anymore. I believe that hunter-gathering societies, with division of labor based on gender, in ancient days came about due to men had access to the tools and raw materials needed to make weapons. That means men had a higher chance of surviving by themselves first based purely on sexual dimorphisms, which afford males a higher probability of looking after other people. Now that both sexes are roughly equal in their ability to work certain jobs needed to provide food, women are going to act differently. This transitive, behavioral adaptation is simply too recent for their genes to catch up with them. Likely, and this is my estimation, 21st century women will be harder to impregnate, become more hairy, and may even evolve self-fertilizing capability like mutated caenorhabditis elegans.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
In most Western countries, women are more educated and more politically involved, and this in the future translates to higher financial security for them. Their more traditional role as stay at home Mum will not make sense anymore. I believe that hunter-gathering societies, with division of labor based on gender, in ancient days came about due to men had access to the tools and raw materials needed to make weapons. That means men had a higher chance of surviving by themselves first based purely on sexual dimorphisms, which afford males a higher probability of looking after other people. Now that both sexes are roughly equal in their ability to work certain jobs needed to provide food, women are going to act differently. This transitive, behavioral adaptation is simply too recent for their genes to catch up with them. Likely, and this is my estimation, 21st century women will be harder to impregnate, become more hairy, and may even evolve self-fertilizing capability like mutated caenorhabditis elegans.

lurker[1].gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Chaz Bono the prototype of the fully evolved 21st century woman?

rush440

Reaction score

YES
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Likely, and this is my estimation, 21st century women will be harder to impregnate, become more hairy, and may even evolve self-fertilizing capability like mutated caenorhabditis elegans.

when did you meet my ex?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads