• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

░░░░░░░░░░ The Sleekest Wallet ░░░░░░░░░░

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ASCII characters:

░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓███

ﯡﺨﺫﯞﮒﮀﭚﭕﯢ

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The more money you spend on a wallet, the less money you have left to put in it.
Just thought I'd put that out there.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a black Hermes Wallet as a present for my birthday - it is also sleek and no logos and costs crazy money... but it is black
ffffuuuu.gif

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hardly sleek. The separate pocket for the bills adds an entirely unneccessarily layer of leather. This is sleek:

P1010988.jpg

P1010987.jpg

Unfortunately, it lacks the tacky metal Gs, but one can't have everything.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Hardly sleek. The separate pocket for the bills adds an entirely unneccessarily layer of leather. This is sleek:

P1010988.jpg

P1010987.jpg

Very nice - and it has the Agnelli-used-it-too Aura
biggrin.gif

Reaction score
Eelskin wallet... 80's...

Whoa.

That one was buried in the hard drive. If the poster had never brought it up, I never would have remembered it. Funny how that works.

I loved that wallet. Anyone else remember - the rumor that they de-magnetized your cards?

Now I'm having flashbacks to Benetton rugby shirts...

v0rtex

Reaction score
Gordon Rush makes some nice super-minimal, slimline wallets in nice leather with minimal branding.

I received one as a gift that has just 4 credit card slots (2 each side) and is very thin when closed.

Retail is around the level of the Gucci, but there's a good discount at outlets/online if you shop around.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Searching using Google would seem a better use of your resources - avoids the opprobrium you are rightly suffering for not having done so already.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
i have a near-identical wallet as far as dimensions, from Kenneth Cole that I bought for $20-$30 at Hecht's or Macy's, about 5 or 6 years ago. I personally think its better than the one you pictured because it has an ID card slot on the right opening as opposed to card slots. So you can store your driver's license in a visible fashion on the right, and store numerous cards on the left. Also, there is no tacky logo on the outside anywhere, and only a discreet debossed logo imprint within, very similar to the inner-logo pictured in the Gucci one you linked above. I just glanced through their site but did not see anything simliar. If you're looking for a deal you can also usually find a plethora of similar wallets for super cheap at low-end retail stores like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness

P1010988.jpg

P1010987.jpg

lol... that's GINORMOUS and the exact opposite of what I would consider sleek.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
The more money you spend on a wallet, the less money you have left to put in it.
Just thought I'd put that out there.

On the contrary, a quality wallet purchase is something that will easily last you 10+ years and is something you will be using frequently on a daily basis, so I wouldn't necessarily skimp...

with that said though, unless you're a high roller, anything in excess of $100 for a wallet is seriously extravagant overkill. There are plenty of excellent options for much less- just check out this thread:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=142023

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
I have seen literally hundreds of wallets like this in my life, ranging from $10-$1000. This cannot possibly be hard to find.
Originally Posted by hamish5178
http://www.google.com/search?q=slimm...ient=firefox-a
It's bee over 600 years since Al Gore invented the internet and you can't use google?

Originally Posted by GBR
Searching using Google would seem a better use of your resources - avoids the opprobrium you are rightly suffering for not having done so already.

I find these responses fairly surprising, considering what it is I'm looking for has not been posted by anyone thus far. Despite that these three posts make irritated, I still clicked through every link on the search results list that hamish5178 was so kind enough to link me to and didn't find anything close. What makes you think I haven't been searching and walking into stores for a long time? I've been debating starting a thread similar to this for at least a couple of months, I didn't just fire from the hip because I felt like I wanted a wallet today.

The reason I am posting now is because I just saw that wallet last week, and it is literally the only one I've ever seen like that. I feel like you either aren't looking at the picture or ignoring what I write or something. I think it's fair to say that I'm offended that I get responses like this after I have googled, searched websites I frequent, gone into numerous stores and only found one, which was linked to in the original post while you just bust out a post in 30 seconds saying, essentially, that I'm lazy.

I'd be elated if you posted a Google result with a quality 4 card bi-fold and proved me wrong, but all you did is tell me I *could* find it. If no one has posted it thus far and I could not find it myself, I think it's pretty clear even at this point that if the wallet is available it is not *easy* to find.

I should add that the people of SF use a large number of sites that have almost zero marketing and almost ever come up in search results. I could probably find 40 websites that I have seen on this forum, but nowhere mainstream. So asking the advice of people who I know use websites I don't, or are in countries other than mine and thus have different stores around, I think is very reasonable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads