• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Z Zegna Suit... Good Deal?

cgo

Reaction score
I have to say it is a bit too much. If you do a search on this forum you can get some real low price on Z Zegna suit (as low as $300 for a new suit)

Heero

Reaction score
I have tried searching Zegna on this forum for a while. Haven't really seen any deals for Zegna suits... especially $300 new. I would be interested in seeing where I can see those deals on B/S.

My size is also pretty rare to find, (38s).

JohnD356

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
Almost $1100 for a Z Zegna - pass. Better off going RLBL.

RLBL quality is better, but the cut is quite different. You'd have to try on both. The 'Z' is far more forgiving. But, you can always order an RLBL during tomorrow's sale and compare the two in person.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnD356
RLBL quality is better, but the cut is quite different. You'd have to try on both. The 'Z' is far more forgiving. But, you can always order an RLBL during tomorrow's sale and compare the two in person.

How much will they be going for?

Heero

Reaction score
I'm going for the more modern look. I know RLBL is on the modern side, but the look of Z Zegna attracted me more. I don't know... maybe it's just me?

OffTheRack

Reaction score
I don't know what your access is to New York, but a few weeks ago I actually picked up a Z-Zegna for around $700 from Bloomingdale's. I'm also a fan of the fit, but the stated Bluefly price is the non-sale price from Bloomies. And they have 30% off sales fairly regularly there too (the salesman I worked with gave me a sale price that I had previously missed during the week, so I bet you can get a sale price just about anytime in this economy).

JohnD356

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Heero
I'm going for the more modern look. I know RLBL is on the modern side, but the look of Z Zegna attracted me more. I don't know... maybe it's just me?
If by 'modern' you mean high-armholes, slim-cut, narrow lapels, flat-front pants, then the RLBL is more 'modern' than the Z Zegna cut on that particular suit (I have both that Z Zegna and a few RLBLs). If you do get the Bluefly suit, at least use one of their 10% off codes that are floating around. The RL sale starts tomorrow too, so a RLBL suit will be appx. the same as that Z Zegna. You can always order one to compare. You can't tell which one will fit you better by looking online.

Toorman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Heero

It's not you. Don't get sucked into the RLBL hype. It's a very distinctive cut with strong shoulders, a low button stance and slim trousers. They look great on some but fail on others. In terms of construction it's no contest. The RLBL is fully canvassed and the side tabs are a great touch but fit is paramount. You can definitely find better deals on Z Zegna's as they are routinely on sale at 40% off as stated above. Won't hurt to try the RLBL and you should also consider Blue Label for that matter but you need to get the suit that fits best and you feel most comfortable wearing.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I like the Zegna cut, but I can't imagine paying that much for a Z Zegna suit. But then I'm an experienced and patient ebay hunter and not a 38S.

Closer

Reaction score
black label is about 1700-1900 retail. tomorrow you can get 30% off, plus another 15%

if you didnt get the invite, just call a store and say you did. the associates will jump through hoops to find you want you want, and they can search all stores. they will ship it right to you. you dont have to go in, and they wont know you didnt get the invite.

if you call a store today. the associate will probably just offer to ring it up at the discount price tonight. they did for me.

i would ask them to track down some purple label suits for you. they are 40% off plus another 15%!!

the original price on them is around 4000.00 though.

JohnD356

Reaction score
Most stores don't care about the invite cards. SA's have been shipping stuff out for a week now. They just want the commission.

acconrad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Closer
black label is about 1700-1900 retail. tomorrow you can get 30% off, plus another 15%

if you didnt get the invite, just call a store and say you did. the associates will jump through hoops to find you want you want, and they can search all stores. they will ship it right to you. you dont have to go in, and they wont know you didnt get the invite.

if you call a store today. the associate will probably just offer to ring it up at the discount price tonight. they did for me.

i would ask them to track down some purple label suits for you. they are 40% off plus another 15%!!

the original price on them is around 4000.00 though.

Is that still really worth it? I've seen RLBL suits going for $600 on here, which is certainly less than the deals you'll get at a RL store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads