• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello chaps, welcome to another edition of angry asian man's exhaustive pedantry. If you were left out, worry not for you are still a special snowflake in your mother / daughter / cellmate's eyes <3. We begin as we have since time immemorial, a signal of our manliness:
img23392.jpg
Notice the fine house appliances in the background. iGents need good toast with bespoke grill patterns. An interesting example of a four button DB arranged the way our favourite lilliputian British royal liked it but on a taller, slimmer man. I really liked how the four button arrangement gives a very long lapel line but doesn't have the precariousness of a six button buttoning at the bottom.
fullsize.jpg
I get this but I don't like it. It says to me: "I am a fruity gangster." I don't care what the Koreans say. (yobusay-oooo)
insideq.jpg
The resolution killed the pattern a bit but I thought this clay red check was very impressive against the almost electric blue tie.
P1000597-2.jpg
Our glorious leader striding out of the office. Another fruitful day at the Colliseum!
636642281_FxR5b-O.jpg
I am very interested in the recent spate of darker trou, lighter sport coat outfits we've been seeing. The muted, cool colour palette is saved from obscurity by a touch of red in the shoes and square.
sep01004.jpg
Sharp, simple and rakish. The longer collar points are wonderfully British.
3879562274_0ee953a8f3_o.jpg
The chap on the left looks great. Olive green sportcoat against brown knit tie. Very well put together. The guy on the right looks like he just went dumpster diving.
yfyf-2009-09-01-re.jpg
A great example of (I believe) a one button notch lapel done with a very classic flavour. The pink and grey tie/charcoal suit is well chosen.
prkr902.jpg
He wears a lot of unusually pink things but you have to give credit to the man for flying.
leap.jpg
I am pretty sure the blazer is a Thom Browne, what's really interesting is how the narrow lapels can: 1. work with fuller trousers and 2. accentuate a fit physique, not just a slender waif. The colour combination is undoubtedly beautiful and will sets hearts a-flutter at this year's annual cinema usher convention.
WAYWT-1080.jpg
The colours are very strong but very simple, just down to reds and blues with clean straight lines everywhere. However the gollum-esque stoop and the pelvic thrust stance makes the chap look preggers.
122g3np.jpg
The super sharp crease on the trousers was particularly impressive. If you want to know what old-school super-hard mohair looks like, well there it is.
hpim4565.jpg
The outfit is simple but I'm liking the full, pleated trousers and contrast collar shirt. Scenery is nice too.
2009_09_03_open.jpg
Very elegant. Love the chestnutty/tan accessories even though the bag merely holds a banana and a thermos of cherry Kool-Aid. The shoes are worth a second mention, those (I believe) are the elusive St. Crispins in a very un-Corthay-ish last.
638416121_Usp2v-O.jpg
I particularly like the 80s-ness of the tie and the palette is well chosen, mixing blues and yellows effectively.
ruqmv5.jpg
While the suit and shirt say "bespoke", the bow tie says "Bed, Bath & Beyond Shower Curtain Special".
631880771_YbaXb-XL.jpg
I like this because it has a whole lot of random junk on the tie. I have found this to be the case with many ties of the 60s era. The one I own is grey based with a pink triangle, a unicorn and circles linking up to form half an Olympic logo. I think the embroiderers back then just took the piss.
3867799155_11c966f865.jpg
This shirt also comes with a little bag of checkers pieces.
sa1m.jpg
While the hat says "fisherman" and the blue/grey should say "security guard", the lightness of the blue with the lime green tie save it. I approve.
P1010697.jpg
The quilted jacket is the territory of London real estate agents but I like the red knit tie so we'll let it slide.
3868366280_7d215442c7_b.jpg
I don't know who the hell the Wallabies are but I wholeheartedly approve the vivid accents in the canary yellow Lamy Safari pen in the pocket and the stylish orange camera strap.
CIMG1490.jpg
This is ok, but the tie pushes it into caricature. The colour borders on obnoxious and it says "tie rack".
P9043826.jpg
I like this and it shows we're about to enter Autumn. The tie is a beautiful shade of green and one that is sadly absent in a lot of wardrobes.
DSCF1878.jpg
These are so sprezzatura I think I just sprezzed in my pants.
isaia1.jpg
P9020822.jpg
There are lines and circles and curves and unicorns but I like the chaos.
P9033821.jpg
Very well executed though I find the way the pleats accentuate trouser bulging a bit disturbing.
70251529.jpg
Clean, simple and holding a ladies' handbag. Just the way I likes it.
P9013657.jpg
Well chosen, colours mix well and I particularly like the extra stitching at the edge of the lapels.
bowu.jpg
Unusual, but nice. The dark and muted colour palette is the only way to do this properly and the louche, floppy bow-tie is a nice touch.
WAYWT-1016.jpg
Looks good, not much else to say.
P9010803.jpg
Another great look, a lot of good bowties this week. The simple navy/white dot bowtie is one of those simple, great things that never looks (too) affected.
WAYWT-2051.jpg
The outfit is good, but I found the photo, with its comfortable decor and giant old-school radiator piping simmering blood from Tartarus, especially eye-catching.
3874902317_243de84a21_o.jpg
And to wrap it up, a goat.
IMG_3144.jpg
Sorry for the delay but I'm not really sorry. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do it again next week because I have to scrub Vox's multitude of Bugattis free of evidence.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Sorry for the delay but I'm not really sorry. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do it again next week because I have to scrub Vox's multitude of Bugattis free of evidence.
- you my son have too much time on your hands & not enough crisis'..
- FUKING A+ & I fear the next person to keep this going..

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another fine job!

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
very entertaining. Maybe we should have a wild card do the next round, like RJManbearpig.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
y
laugh.gif
y
laugh.gif
!

I just did a spit take on the "Bed Bath & Beyond" number.

Station

Reaction score
Good, broad selection, Yfyf. Job well done.

Special mention for Parker and Maomao1980's outfits, I must say. Splendid stuff.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers, yf. The final sentence made me laugh. The chastising I received has taught me the error of my robot-posing ways. Iconoclasm ftw! No disrespect to PG, but the niggling issue I had with the light blue tie fit has finally been articulated. For that, he'll probably put me on his ignore list and brand me a hypocrite at the next 50 SF iBloke get-togethers ;D. I do think that calling out disliked fits in this format is a canny move - it keeps things a little more unpredictable I missed the relaxed fit from Big A before - very likeable. I don't like the lapels on the clay red check jacket (I'm not sure who's wearing it, I'm afraid), but I adore the pattern, the patch pockets and the combo-mixing skills

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads