• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen 3.0 Critique Please

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my third order and washed three times. Wore it out twice, and I am VERY happy with the fit. The biggest issue I was having was sleeve length, and I think I nailed it this time. The best part, is when I bend my arm, the shirt sleeve slides up proportional with the jacket sleeve, instead of just sitting there. Just what I wanted.

Here are my order one and order two threads.

I welcome any comments and suggestions, but primarily am looking for comments in the area of collar. Some have suggested that I get a higher collar due to having a longer neck - not sure if I need that or not. When I wear a suit, the collar looks fine relative to the suit.

Thanks in advance!

DSC_8070.jpg

DSC_8071.jpg

DSC_8075.jpg

DSC_8076.jpg

Twisty

Reaction score
I personally think the back looks a little too poofy, especially when tucked in.

Perhaps adding darts may help? Otherwise I like the pattern!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twisty
I personally think the back looks a little too poofy, especially when tucked in.

The back is perfectly fine. You can't have a shirt that looks painted on. If you are going to move around and sit in the shirt, you need fabric, and that is inevitably going to look like "excess" when you are standing for a photo. You can probably do a cleaner job tucking the shirt in, but it will come lose after a minute or two.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
Thank you. I think I agree.

Originally Posted by Twisty

If you look at V2.0, I had issues with pulling on the stomach when sitting down. I figured this means that something in the waist area was too small. While I am sure a bespoke shirt would accommodate a front vs. back measurements, we are talking about a home-grown MTM method.
smile.gif

Twisty

Reaction score
Ah, I see. I didn't take the time to read through your other two threads. My apologies.

I was just putting in my 2 cents, as I tend to like my shirts hugging the contour of my back. I'm a real skinny fellow, ha. Looking closer at the pictures now, I really like the shoulder construction. How is it when you put your arms up?

As for tucking, how do you gents go about this? I usually fold/pinch on the sides, which may be the wrong method.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. My only nitpick would be that the underarms look a little odd. Maybe the armholes are a bit too high, or the chest needs another inch or so?

instep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
Looks great. My only nitpick would be that the underarms look a little odd. Maybe the armholes are a bit too high, or the chest needs another inch or so?
If he can fit his arms in them, they aren't too high.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by instep
If he can fit his arms in them, they aren't too high.

The arms feel fine, in fact I have thought about making the arm holes higher, but I already learned my lesson (I hope) about getting stuff cut too tight. It's not always better for a nice, clean slim fit.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
Looks good. I wouldn't say you NEED a higher collar, but it might be fun to try. If you do try it, you will probably need longer points as well.
Originally Posted by Asch
Originally Posted by Chips
I think every part of the shirt looks fine. Well done.
Thank you! I am really very well pleased, but you know ... this is SF, I figure someone will have a bone to pick. And I got here by feedback from others.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elliottchow
which fabric # is that can i ask? nice shirt.

Jantzen 8040

I was a bit hesitant to like it at first, as it had somewhat strong sheen, but it has faded to a perfect balance after three washes, so I am very happy with it.

corskc

Reaction score
Am I wrong to say the sleeves look abit too short? Especially if worn with a suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads