• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most expensive restaurant bill?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Or maybe it was more like $500. I can't remember. Doesn't sound like much compared to some of the bills in this thread.

It was reindeer medallions in puff pastry and rock ptarmigan with morels, along with 4 other courses, drinks, and a bottle of wine.

It was a joke about the prices of things in Iceland.

Sounds delicious though. I love game.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, true. I had the most expensive and shittiest salad ever in Iceland. The grilled cheese and canned asparagus sandwiches were good, though (3)

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Oh, true. I had the most expensive and shittiest salad ever in Iceland. The grilled cheese and canned asparagus sandwiches were good, though (3)

Most canned vegetables are absolutely awful, but canned asparagus may potentially be one of the most terrifying things I could imagine eating.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I go to a nicer restaurant I typically opt for corkage, in part for the cost, but mostly because I have wines I've been saving for occasions, and these seem like good ones.

Depending on the size of the party, a combination of wine pairings and bottles brought along typically works very well.

In this regard, it's really not that easy for the bill to get into the range of other posts here, which signal that we're really talking about the most you've paid for wine at a restaurant.

Even inclusive of the cost of the wine I brought, food, corkage, a couple of cocktails, tax and tip, I don't believe I've ever paid much more than about $1K for dinner for 2 ($500/head).

To put this in perspective: the last time I was at the French Laundry, the bill was about $700: dinner for two, one bottle (corkage), one wine pairing (split among two people). I paid well under $300 for the wine I brought.

grmanny

Reaction score
$1580. alinea for four including a split pairing!

i know when i got to urasawa, the bank will be broken

Stokely

Reaction score
2K. I crapped myself outside afterwards so cleanup wasn't added on to the bill. It was in Uruguay. ******* Uruguay!!!!!! No it was awesome. There was a **** ton of us getting epic in a Mallmann restaurant. But seriously I crapped myself.

Stokely

Reaction score
Mallmann had the good grace to talk to us and offer a couple of bottles. So I didn't feel too bad crapping myself.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sukurabu