• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some good finds off of SZ for those who don't visit the site. Size 3 and below -

Size 3 YYPH blazer over on SZ.

Size 2 Y's knit on SZ as well

Y's tapered wool pants

And finally, asobu also has a sale thread on SZ with some pretty nice stuff up for sale (apart from the last item which you should totally not look at 'cos it's pretty bad :D)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And finally, Yohji x Dr. Marten collab boots from AW07-08 collection. For those with big feet (size US11, UK10). So tempted by these, but the hassle of purchasing from eBay is giving me second thoughts, also very reluctant to pick up used shoes in general.

I am also suspicious of the amount of wear on the sole when seen from the rear, might just be the angle of the photo though as the shot of the sole itself seems fine.

Anyway -

Link

PregnantBob

Reaction score
I need to find more winter stuff in size 2

the AW07-08 is one of my favourites as it's the easiest to wear imo. The coat I was going to buy was from that collection, but DAMN YOU EBAY SELLERS WHO HAVE IT FOR SALE ELSEWHERE WITHOUT SAYING SO!!!!!!!

I neeeeed a coat

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still haven't seen any winter coats in a size 2 PregnantBob :(. Forward does have the khaki brown jacket from AW11 with the leather lapel on REALLY deep sale though (although that's in a size 1 unfortunately. It might work for a typical size 2 though as I believe that jacket came in sizes 1, 3 and 5 only. Not 100% sure though).

On a related note, Forward has also put up a preview of their Yohji buy for this season. They seem to be expecting all the pieces in a week's time or so. Some pretty good buys actually with two pairs of shoes, pants, shirts and coats. The pricing is not bad as well (as long as one considers $499 not bad for a shirt :lol:). What's weird is that the only sizes they seem to have are 2 & 3 with the possibility to special order larger and smaller sizes of the various items. It might just be temporary and their actual stock will be changed once they get the items in, but it may also be possible they are hedging their bets on their purchases.

PregnantBob

Reaction score
I was just coming on here to post about the forward forward refresh.

I think they're hedging their bets a little because they've gone through a new management system now with their online shop and YYPH's AW11 was heavily discounted last time around.

Thank you for looking out for me haha, I'll find something someday... even if i have to wait for AW12 :D

That jacket with the red leather details would fit me well, if the size 1 measurements are anything to go by... but I just don't like it at all.

Size 3 for a coat is fine too. I'm literally going on every night and checking the usual suspects as well as the links posted in this thread.

Kinda sad that I can't find the pieces I like from SS12 in any of the online stores.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was just coming on here to post about the forward forward refresh.
I think they're hedging their bets a little because they've gone through a new management system now with their online shop and YYPH's AW11 was heavily discounted last time around.
Thank you for looking out for me haha, I'll find something someday... even if i have to wait for AW12 :D
That jacket with the red leather details would fit me well, if the size 1 measurements are anything to go by... but I just don't like it at all.
Size 3 for a coat is fine too. I'm literally going on every night and checking the usual suspects as well as the links posted in this thread.
Kinda sad that I can't find the pieces I like from SS12 in any of the online stores.

What pieces from SS12 are you looking for exactly? You should get in touch with Drew and see if he can you help you check whether they are still available in Japan. I will PM you the pricelist and codes to make it more convenient for you :). You can also try speaking to Eastern Market as I know they had a pretty solid Yohji buy so far with size 2s left in some of the pieces they got in.

Speaking of Forward, I really like the shape of these. Were I to give some voluminous bottoms a try, I'd love to start with something like this.
http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=YOHJ-MP9&d=Mens

Yeah I really like those as well and LN-CC got them in too so one has options if they sell out elsewhere. Definitely on my list to pick up. The fleecy fabric sounds pretty nice and comfy too. I am personally trying to pick up a few more fitted pants to mix things up in my wardrobe. Would like to get mainly cropped pants though not super-stacking jeans like all the stuff Julius etc. put out.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who you calling a phago!?!?!?!

Anyway Y-3 is really hit or miss for me but I just picked up a trench I'm absolutely in love. Will post pictures soon.

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't think this has been posted yet. The video title says Fall/Winter 84-85.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Damn, I love everything here. Could even see myself stealing some of the women's stuff as well :embar:.

"pics of hakamas in the wild, please"

Will be putting up some in a few days Parker :slayer:

Looks good, Ivwri. Curious though - are the buttoned cuffs adjustable at all?

And I don't know how I missed this as well. The cuffs actually have snap fastener buttons and can be unbuttoned to extend the length of the pants. The other buttons can be unfastened if that's what you are asking and folded up I should think. Haven't done that yet though.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member