• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ivwri....that cardigan/jacket looks amazing....how does it handle in real life?

As soft as it looks and very comfy :). It has a very nice pleating pattern at the lower back that looks great and can be seen in the runway video. It does have thin shoulder pads that I am debating removing, but other than that, very nice.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to remind everyone that Yohji is showing his women's Autumn/Winter 2012-2013 collection in 3 days :slayer:.

The nowfashion.com link is here

Anyway, in the spirit of that I thought I would post a show, this time from Fall 2011. I know a few people had lukewarm feelings towards this show, but I like it. Quite a few riffs on some of his older designs (as is to be expected) with the "cage dress" being a good example, especially with the AW94/95 video that asobu posted a few pages back.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hell yes, let's post some more winter collections in anticipation of friday night!

AW04 was the last of the 3 collections he presented for couture week (the first two being SS03 and AW03), not during the regular fashion week. Just like for the men's show, this is one of my favorite AW collections from the 00's and there's definitely some crossover with the menswear - the "punk" theme, the massive bag-like pockets (cf. YYPH SS91), lots of black gabardine, massive coats, cropped pants and tall boots etc. Appropriately symbolized by: :slayer:

uTs5S.jpg

JucnA.jpg

SUW3H.jpg

bWtXU.jpg

MqDug.jpg

full collection:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from WAYWT, fit is all SS2012 except the sandals. The pants are amazing, not sure what they will be like in the other fabric iterations, but the silk one is a winner in my book :slayer:. If I can get another pair in a different colour (most likely black), would not hesitate to pick it up.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LN-CC has their Spring 2012 drop in. Quite a few pieces including a version of the Hakama Pants A that Atelier also got in, but with blue stripes on it (looks really cool I think). They also have the cardigan/jacket from look 7 in a patterned silk which really looks tempting (if not for the price :fu:)

Anyway, the full first drop is here

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the shirts are $600-800? Eek. How much is it to proxy them from Japan? $450-500?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Seems like ln-cc's are about double the Japanese price if I recall, maybe a little less but almost there. I think the general prices were like, 30,000-39,00Y'ish for shirts and stuff, maybe 140,000Y for the silk jackets - ln-cc has those for about $3000 it looks like.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems like ln-cc's are about double the Japanese price if I recall, maybe a little less but almost there. I think the general prices were like, 30,000-39,00Y'ish for shirts and stuff, maybe 140,000Y for the silk jackets - ln-cc has those for about $3000 it looks like.

Yeah most certainly almost double. Pretty crazy to pick up stuff that isn't exclusive to them (or any other non-Japanese retailer) or sold out in Japan to be honest. I do like the suspenders though and I didn't see those on the price list so will probably be getting one (been looking for suspenders in black for a while now).

Drew, did you see my PM?

xumatrix

Reaction score
LN-CC has their Spring 2012 drop in. Quite a few pieces including a version of the Hakama Pants A that Atelier also got in, but with blue stripes on it (looks really cool I think). They also have the cardigan/jacket from look 7 in a patterned silk which really looks tempting (if not for the price
ffffuuuu.gif
)
Anyway, the full first drop is here

insanely expensive, this is London (i live in here so i know that.....)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Lncc usually makes summer sale in July, have a try then
eek.gif

elephantstone

Reaction score
I think this is the case for all countries outside Japan....Here in US is even worse, with Forward apparently changing ownership the only accessible stores still carry Yohji now are Atelier and Barneys.......But both of them have very limited selections, and usually by the time sale hits, the good size(size 3 that is) is already gone.....Also quiet disappointing that most stores only carry one style of the Hakama pants.....Maybe I have to consider proxy a pair but I'm afraid they are already sold out in Japan.....

Saw the discussion about this knit earlier, and randomly bump into this on yahoo.....
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f108095686
Good price(for now), and my size, sigh....spending too much this month on clothing already...Might let fellow Yohji lovers give this knit a good home....

Looks like I never had luck on Yohji knits..... saw the manga girl one from 07? long time ago(one of my grail items) but missed out on the auction(Still kicking myself for not bidding higher on the sweater)
Missed out on this season's skeleton knits too during sale......Sigh, my hunt for Yohji knits still continues.....

Last edited:

xeraphim

Reaction score
Cross-post from WAYWT, fit is all SS2012 except the sandals. The pants are amazing, not sure what they will be like in the other fabric iterations, but the silk one is a winner in my book
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
. If I can get another pair in a different colour (most likely black), would not hesitate to pick it up.

Looks good, Ivwri. Curious though - are the buttoned cuffs adjustable at all?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads