• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich WM FW10

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I owned that jacket at one point and didn't like it. The collar is really small.

I felt it ran slightly bigger, but not sure if it was enough to warrant a size down. I also think it is made in Italy.

Well the one I tried from the FW09 size medium was too big for me. Wondering if te sizing from the FW 07 to FW 09 was more or less consistent. Im usually an EG SMALL

mpcec

Reaction score
Bought myself the Sportsman jacket for Christmas and it's amazing, absolutely love it. Last clothing purchase for a while though, hopefully I'll still be able to find pieces after the seasons over.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Eying this

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/WOOLRI...Q/sts/sr_men80

Understand the above is either from the FW 07 to 08 due to the pencil pocket. Wonderighiw was sizing backeb then? Got the Maine guide jacket from some somebody from FW09 and it was too big. Should I size down? For the above version. Also guessing the above version had no tab?

Originally Posted by irbe
Well the one I tried from the FW09 size medium was too big for me. Wondering if te sizing from the FW 07 to FW 09 was more or less consistent. Im usually an EG SMALL

I have the fw09 version and remember trying the pencil pocket version in the same size at some point, iirc sizing is consistent.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

For some reason the coat doesn't look right, is it me or do the pockets sit lower? Kinda remind me of boobies...
baldy[1].gif

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ not sure why but I do remember that I didn't like it as much as the fw09 version, and pencil pocket placement might offset the top 2 pockets.

adg

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me if they think the Maine Guide jacket is warm enough for a winter coat in Chicago? I'm guessing a layer underneath would always be required.

racknac

Reaction score
^yes if you layer properly. If the weather is extreme I would suggest not going outside though... i have been surviving with my WWM Parka and a nice sweater underneath, the coldest part of my body is usually my legs.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adg
Can anyone please tell me if they think the Maine Guide jacket is warm enough for a winter coat in Chicago? I'm guessing a layer underneath would always be required.

Just make sure its a melton wool version, and layers underneath will help of course.

adg

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses canstyleace and racknac. I received a WWM Maine Guides jacket (melton wool version) in the mail an hour ago. I assume the jacket will not be as warm as a down-insulated jacket with windproof shell, but I'm hoping with an undershirt and button down shirt (a sweater on really cold days) it can keep me warm enough in 10-20 F weather. It's in the 40s this week in Chicago, but once it gets colder, I'll post with an update about how warm the jacket is.

Thanks again,
adg

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the sizing run on this season's Mountain Parka? Is it on the slimmer side? Would I fit into a Large at 6'1.5" and 175 lbs? Thanks.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
How does the sizing run on this season's Mountain Parka? Is it on the slimmer side? Would I fit into a Large at 6'1.5" and 175 lbs? Thanks.
you are on the border between a m or l. you can do both but the m will be a tad more fitted. if you layer a lot and you like a more comfortable fit the l is the way to go.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
you are on the border between a m or l. you can do both but the m will be a tad more fitted. if you layer a lot and you like a more comfortable fit the l is the way to go.

Damn thats the last thing I wanted to hear. I'm pretty much inbetween sizes in all brands I wear. I need to gain 15 lbs....

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
Damn thats the last thing I wanted to hear. I'm pretty much inbetween sizes in all brands I wear. I need to gain 15 lbs....

i have the same issue and im 5'11" 180 lbs.

adg

Reaction score
Have any of you had quality issues with Woolrich Woolen Mills merchandise, or the Maine Guide jacket specifically? I received a Main Guide jacket today and one of the buttons has already fallen off, and many of the others are about to. When I pull on a long hanging thread to check to see if a button is likely to come undone, the thread starts unraveling from the button.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads