• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Usually Makes Saks Branded Suits & Are They Worth Buying?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Thankfully. Beckham must love her for her personality.

i KNOW she's ugly.....plasticy looks and has horrible skin. but those photoshopped pics of her are stellar. and a part of me just wants to plow her. same with britney spears. :hide:

knezz

Reaction score

very important to remember. also like buying david beckham cologne. you may smell like him, but it still doesnt make you look like him. and you arent f*cking posh spice either.

Be sure to note that Zegna fabric is totally different from Zegna construction. Ermenegildo Zegna suits are very nice. While Zegna fabrics are nice, anyone can make a suit out of them (just like Loro Piana) and the cloth label is no indication of the maker or the suit's quality.

Some were labeled "Ermenegildo Zegna" on one side or and Saks on the other side. Would those be canvassed or fused in your experience.?

Anyone?

paulbnyc

Reaction score
I have a Sak's house brand navy blazer that was made in England, must be 20 years old and is wearing like iron.

cncrd

Reaction score
The Off 5th near my office has racks and racks of the "Zegna Fabric" suits pretty much constantly. I've never noticed that these were made anywhere other than in Mexico, but maybe I haven't looked closely enough. They seem ok, but I wouldn't buy one, even at the prices they seem to eventually hit. The whole screaming Zegna thing with that tiny *fabric only just bothers me for some reason.

I've never seen the Zegna fabric tag on any of the Made in USA or Made in Italy Saks pieces at Off 5th. I've picked up a couple of the Made in Italy jackets, and I'm very happy with them, espcially as both ended up being the last of their pattern in the store, and were on the clearance rack for what ended up being something like $175 by the time all the clearance/More card/whatever deals were figured in. I had no idea they were Isaia, but that makes it even nicer. I wondered who made the Italy pieces, but haven't been hitting this place as much as I used to lately, so it never occured to me to take the time to do label forensics.

cncrd

Reaction score

I have a Sak's house brand navy blazer that was made in England, must be 20 years old and is wearing like iron. 

This would have been a Hield piece, I believe? Very, very nice stuff, but I don't know that Saks still carries it. Hield mills makes/made awesome fabric that lots of manufacturers used, sort of like the just-mentioned Zegna.

I think (and someone here will know the definite answer) that the Saks Hield-labelled pieces were actually manufactured by Chester Barrie.

Clarification, anyone?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Some were labeled "Ermenegildo Zegna" on one side or and Saks on the other side. Would those be canvassed or fused in your experience.?
Anyone?

This is the E Zegna cloth tag

This is the E Zegna suit tag (this is just a Su Misura example; there are also Soft, Couture, etc tags for different ranges and quality levels within E Zegna manufacturing)

This is the E Zegna manufacturer's tag

You cannot determine the quality of the suit by just the cloth tag.

Last edited:

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more recent ones that are sold in the main store are made by isaia and is half canvessed I think is on par
With isaia diffusion line but def not on par With the main isaia line ... Those zegna clothes Saks suits are specifically
Made for the outlet I think and feels entirely fused .... If u could find those isaia made Saks suits for about
3 to 4 hundreds when the outlet store has a sale I feel its a decent deal

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
thats a mainline zegna not a saks house brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads