• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who here does not do the jacket/jeans look?

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Felix Krull
That's because you're trying to look dressed up without people noticing that you are. Hence your annoyance. There is no logical reason to pair a suit jacket with a pair of jeans other than if you're making a pathetic attempt to dress up the jeans. That's why people ask you why you're dressed up. A suit jacket with jeans is NOT a casual look, it's a faux casual look used by someone who wants to appear as if they're not trying too hard.

Exactly. The jeans/jacket look seems to me to be more contrived than natural - something that is carefully made to look nonchalant.

I'm 18 by the way. The 'young' argument does not work. I'd rather see someone in jeans/tee-shirt than the jeans/jacket mullet. The former is consistent, the latter does not know what it wants to be.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnD356
I have to say I'm amazed by the number of people who don't have a single pair of jeans. I have two stacks. One of nice pairs, one of pairs for working on cars, painting, ect.
I, on the other hand, don't have a single pair of khakis or chinos. I find the typical combination of material and colour (various hues of beige) to be the most unfathomable form of bland, that requires a blazer to "dress them up" to a wearable state.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sethkatzman@comcast.
+2. I'm an older guy who works in a very informal setting. Wearing jeans is about right, although sometimes I am required to dress up more, and sometimes I just want to.
That is something I see a lot on the forums. Contrary to popular belief, the 'older guys' go with this look as much as the young do. As a young person, I think you can go casual or go dressy - attempts to have it both ways usually don't work.
Originally Posted by sethkatzman@comcast.
No need to fetishize slacks and act revolted about denim. Too many fetishes on SF; too much playing the "gentleman" of yore. Why don't you just go all the way with role-playing and wear nothing but Ralph Lauren and BB and pretend you are the ******* Prince of Wales?
Get off your cross. And, by the way, the Prince of Wales wears neither. If you're going to try to be inflammatory, at least know what you're talking about.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I am confused as to what to wear my jeans with? A t-shirt? Or should I lack diversity and choose to not wear jeans at all?
I will stick to my blazer/Jeans combos thank you.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All us old guys here in Italy wear jeans and a jacket. Don't want to look like some young punk in chinos.
pPOLO2-2273339_standard_v330.jpg
Yuck. Wear wool pants,jeans or maybe cords. I can't imagine people admitting they wear chinos.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To each his how, whatever works for the individual. I think it looks fine. And I don't constrain myself to living "without a single pair of jeans" or "a single pair of chino's" etc...

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
All us old guys here in Italy wear jeans and a jacket. Don't want to look like some young punk in chinos.

pPOLO2-2273339_standard_v330.jpg

Yuck. Wear wool pants,jeans or maybe cords. I can't imagine people admitting they wear chinos.

I don't really see any problems with chinos even though I don't have one.

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 19, i do it, and i think its awesome, but its one of those things that can look really crappy if it isn't done right.

Failed look:
- An overly dressy jacket and either skinny or baggy jeans.
- a tucked tee, eeeew.
- dress shoes that would belong with a suit( u know the ones).

Rocked look:
- Nice causal fabric (linen, cashmere, cotton, etc) with classic cut jeans.
- sophisticated-casual shoes, loafers,really nice sneakers( ones with out the junk on them), like some zegna or prada ones.
-Untucked tee(a nice boss one), a dress shirt, that's more on the casual side

like i said, it can be an great look if done right, but i think some people out there have managed to ruin it for some. I remember seeing this guy a while back wearing what looked almost like a tux jacket with crap jeans, a versace monogram tee (that was tucked) and metallic sneakers, i think they could have been Gucci. I cant imagine someone spending that much money just to end up looking like crap
wow.gif

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
What I cant stand is when people wear ties with jeans.

what if they were really nice classic cut, solid color jeans? Boss and Dior make some really nice solid color jeans, if u got a pair of those, i think it could be pulled off.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll do it occasionally with a cord jacket or unstructured cotton jacket, but not very often. I don't like the tie with jeans look at all.

blackrover

Reaction score
I'm 33 and I do it all the time without a tie. I have a lot of slacks Canali Zegna etc...but no chinos or khakis.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting what you guys hate. Sometimes I wear a blazer with a shirt & tie, pocket square, jeans, and oxfords. Seems like I am going against everybody here... I still look incredible if I do say so myself.
mwink[1].gif

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've pulled off a DB tuxedo jacket (4x2 super slim) with jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads