• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White designer sneakers - Need opinions

Reaction score
I am looking for a white pair in the upcoming 2 weeks and I can't see too many choices right now. There are two that I am considering; would sound quite mainstream for average streetwear fashioners.

http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/gb/alexandermcqueen/sneakers_cod11149035ve.html#dept=m_sneakers_spl

I like this one but the black pattern that stretches throughout the back looks like a nike logo if seen from the front side. What do you guys think?

The other one would be the hype Gucci Ace sneakers. Maybe the one with a bee or snake. Kinda sure everyone knows this one so I am not attaching any links.

I like something that's kind of simple. Would love something that fits great on shorts and white chinos. Recommendations?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a white pair in the upcoming 2 weeks and I can't see too many choices right now. There are two that I am considering; would sound quite mainstream for average streetwear fashioners.

http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/gb/alexandermcqueen/sneakers_cod11149035ve.html#dept=m_sneakers_spl

I like this one but the black pattern that stretches throughout the back looks like a nike logo if seen from the front side. What do you guys think?

The other one would be the hype Gucci Ace sneakers. Maybe the one with a bee or snake. Kinda sure everyone knows this one so I am not attaching any links.

I like something that's kind of simple. Would love something that fits great on shorts and white chinos. Recommendations?

If you want something that is just simple and fits with pretty much everythng, why not just the standard Common Projects Achilles Low white? Those are sorta standard issue for boutiques in the US and the EU.

(http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/common-projects/original-achilles-low-1.html)
1001065_001.jpg

I suppose that Givenchy "knot" sneakers might be another choice:

http://www.fwrd.com/product-leather...wnum=4&itcurrpage=1&itview=01&list=plp-list-2
GIVE-MZ105_V1.jpg

Reaction score
If you want something that is just simple and fits with pretty much everythng, why not just the standard Common Projects Achilles Low white? Those are sorta standard issue for boutiques in the US and the EU.

(http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/common-projects/original-achilles-low-1.html)
1001065_001.jpg

I suppose that Givenchy "knot" sneakers might be another choice:

http://www.fwrd.com/product-leather...wnum=4&itcurrpage=1&itview=01&list=plp-list-2
GIVE-MZ105_V1.jpg

The Givenchy is not bad but I think I'd go Lanvin over CP; I think most of their sneakers are just simple black with white sole. Kinda want to show the brand a little bit though so..

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Givenchy is not bad but I think I'd go Lanvin over CP; I think most of their sneakers are just simple black with white sole. Kinda want to show the brand a little bit though so..

If you are talking about Common Projects or Lanvins, anyone who knows anything about fashion beyond what is sold at The Buckle will know, if that matters to you. "Where to kop Common Projects on sale?" is the number one question around here come sales time. It's the standard from NYC to Paris and anywhere is that plugged into the global cultural zeitgeist.

sneax

Reaction score
Hardcore simple. It all depends on the rest of the outfit, obviously. This model would go well with, for instance, Scandinavian simplicity or some Miami-style-pastel-colors-optimist-got-house-for-12Bn$.

I wouldn't take them, personally.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pure white sneakers are not going to mesh with white chinos, unless you're talking about rolled up white chinos and some sorta design on the sneaker.

white may be a blank slate but the profile and design of a sneaker matters. It all depends on what your style is and what you wear up top.

even if you wanted something with obvious branding and class signalling,
a Nike AF-1 or vapormax or 95airmax is going to be very different from a pair of Gucci/Balenciaga or CP/VOR/minimalist type.

You're asking a question that's very difficult to answer. ..

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Designer sneakers are bullshit, just get something from Muji or whatever, won't change a thing. I have two pairs of Margiela german army trainers left and mostly wear my white Springcourts. If you have some money to buy clothing you,re better off with a nice jacket or a cool, relaxed pair of slacks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads