• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Isn't that 30% off excluded from sales? Plus, most of the actual nice dress pants are up near $200 if not over.

I do own a couple of their dress shirts which I paid $40 or under. I'd probably go up to $45 or $50 for them but IMO they aren't worth too much more than that. YMMV of course, just think there are better options.

I think their non-iron is fantastic and have not found any other 100% cotton shirts in the same price range that comes out as wrinkle fee. If I was looking at must iron shirts I might look elsewhere.

If I had a drop 7-8, would I want Slim fit or Extra slim fit dress shirts? I recall trying some extra-slim fit shirts, and the problem was that the chest was tight but the waist was still big...

Sounds like it is more a chest issue than a drop. Either way with a drop 7 or 8 you are going to need to get the shirt taken in at the waist. I am a "true" drop 5 (38 chest and 33 waist) and the ESF still needs to get taken in at the waist. If I were to go by pant sizing I would be a drop 8.

My biggest complaint with Brooks Brothers is that there are huge sales on things but only a few times each year.  I am not really sure why anyone would ever shop there except on the boxing day/Summer sale.  I mean just last boxing day items were 50% off plus another 15% off.  I feel like such a tool trying to buy a shirt right now when I know I could have got the same thing for less than half the price.
Selection is sometimes better on these sales in my opinion, I guess because there are less people that want to buy at these prices and we don't have to only wait around for that one time a year.

How do you apply the corporate discount? I just got the email saying my corporate membership has been activated, but when I go on the site I dont see any type of discount, even after adding to my cart and going to the checkout window. Shouldnt there be a constant 15% off?
From what I have read you need to get all way to the end before submitting your order before the discount shows, i.e., credit card information needs to be entered..

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 questions:

Are the Peal Chelsea boots a rebranded AS boot? If so, what's the model name of the AS version.

The Peal double monks; are they a rebranded C&J model?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had a drop 7-8, would I want Slim fit or Extra slim fit dress shirts? I recall trying some extra-slim fit shirts, and the problem was that the chest was tight but the waist was still big...

I'm a drop 7 and wear the slim fit because the chest is too tight on the extra slim fit. The extra slim fits are cut very straight and not designed for people with a more developed chest.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2 questions:

Are the Peal Chelsea boots a rebranded AS boot? If so, what's the model name of the AS version.

The Peal double monks; are they a rebranded C&J model?

Not sure on the first, but yes on the second if you are referring to the $648 one.

^thanks. Anyway to get free shipping? Its like $10-20 depending on your order

Instead of ordering online call in to a store to have a sales associate place the order for you. The downside to this is that by the time you reach an SA on Thursday your item might be sold out.

Last edited:

EngProf

Reaction score
Are the pebble-grained Long Wingtips made by AE? Different color than the AE pebble MacNeils?

Thanks.

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Are the pebble-grained Long Wingtips made by AE? Different color than the AE pebble MacNeils?

Thanks.

If you ask AE, they'll probably say that the Brooks Brothers version uses a chili grain, but the one available directly through AE is walnut grain. Having seen both side-by-side, I can say the difference is negligible. You really won't be able to know the difference other than by the insole/sock liner and the combination sole.

(I think you're talking about these: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Long-Wingtips/MH00215_____BRWN_07___D___,default,pd.html)

CloakedMistborn

Reaction score
I used the link posted a page or two back to sign up for the Corporate Membership, however, similarly to a couple others I cannot activate the membership. When I try to register for an online purchase using my membership number, it tells me that the information does not match their records. Any ideas?

Willin

Reaction score

will there ever be a sale better than 30% off? Im wondering if I should buy my suit now or wait it out

Why would you wait out for some vague hope that there would be a sale greater than 30% at some point just to save a few more dollars? Buy it now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads